Accountant – Business Analyst
Role: Gather requirements and develop user stories / functional documents to support the software product roadmap
Location: Remote (must be based in England) with travel to the Reading area office on day 1 & quarterly + monthly client site visits (typically Southern)
Why? Fast growing software vendor + autonomy + quickly make an impact
- Are you an Accountant (CIMA, ACCA, or AAT) in an Accounting Practice?
- Do you have experience with tax (tax returns or final accounts preparation)?
- Do you want a new challenge and want to transition your career to a Business Analyst improving software people like yourself use?
We are working with a fast growing software vendor who produces innovative accountancy solutions. They take enormous pride in developing leading software products that are intuitive, thoughtfully designed and offer exceptional value for money. They have won numerous industry awards. Through creativity, collaboration and a forward-thinking culture they deliver new ambitious products that revolutionise the way people work. This is a brilliant time to join – you will have a voice and have a genuine impact from day 1.
As an Accountant – Business Analyst, you’ll collaborate with other team members such as the product owner and software developers to bring to life the product vision and strategy, through user stories and specifications. You’ll assist with managing the product backlog and play an active role in agile events and are a critical member of the team impacting the progress of each project. This is an exciting opportunity to have genuine ownership and autonomy in building a product.
Accountant – Business Analyst – Responsibilities:
- Work collaboratively to gain requirements and develop solutions, technical and functional specifications and interface designs
- Produce well-defined user stories and monitor the product backlog
- Conduct product research to determine the need for improvements, reflecting user demand
- Identify and analyze product strategy and goals – ensure they align with the software
- Work effectively with others to ensure that development meets the requirements of technical and functional specification
Accountant – Business Analyst – Requirements:
- 4+ years of experience working in accountancy practice as a part or fully-qualified Accountant
- Part or fully qualified accountancy qualification – CIMA ACCA or AAT
- Strong experience and knowledge of tax (tax return preparation or final accounts preparation)
- Interest in tax legislation
- Strong communication skills and the ability to manage stakeholder relationships (internal and external)
- Desire to learn and transition your career into a Software / Product Business Analyst