Millions of people across the world come to Pinterest to find new ideas every day. It’s where they get inspiration, dream about new possibilities and plan for what matters most. Our mission is to help those people find their inspiration and create a life they love. In your role, you’ll be challenged to take on work that upholds this mission and pushes Pinterest forward. You’ll grow as a person and leader in your field, all the while helping Pinners make their lives better in the positive corner of the internet.
Creating a life you love also means finding a career that celebrates the unique perspectives and experiences that you bring. As you read through the expectations of the position, consider how your skills and experiences may complement the responsibilities of the role. We encourage you to think through your relevant and transferable skills from prior experiences.
The Pinterest Apprenticeship Program is an opportunity for candidates from non-traditional backgrounds and those who face barriers of entry into the tech industry to experience Engineering at Pinterest. Apprenticeships are up to one year long with the opportunity to be considered for conversion to a full-time Engineer. Employment throughout the program is at will, and while programs can be up to one year in length, there is no guarantee on the specific length of the program. People who identify as women, Black/African American, Latiné or Hispanic, American Indian, Alaskan Native, Native Hawaiian, and/or Pacific Islander and LGBTQ+ are especially encouraged to apply although the apprenticeship program is not exclusive to these groups. Applications will close on Monday, January 29 at 9:00am PST. The program start date will be May 6, 2024.
What You’ll Do:
- Work alongside other Pinterest Engineers and key partners on our Design, Research, and Product Management teams on a high-impact project
- Collaborate with an assigned mentor who will help you navigate the challenges associated with being an Engineer at Pinterest
- Continually grow — professionally and personally through various learning and development opportunities
What We’re Looking For:
- Candidates from non-traditional tech backgrounds, including but not limited to coding bootcamp grads, candidates looking to re-enter the tech workforce, self-taught candidates, and those who do not hold a computer science degree or related professional experience in Software Engineering roles.
- Self-motivated and eager candidates with a passion for learning to code and curiosity to learn what it’s like to work and succeed as an Engineer at Pinterest
- 1+ years of experience working collaboratively and communicating in a professional work environment preferred
- Apprentices are expected to generally work 40+ hours per week. As such, students currently enrolled in a Bachelor, Master, or PhD program are not eligible for this position.
- Proficiency in at least one programming language
US-based applicants only
The minimum and maximum salary for this position is $8,100 – $9,500 monthly.