Who we are:
Gartner, the leading Research & Advisory firm, is now offering a development program targeted for early to mid-career individuals looking to drive their career to new heights! Gartner’s New Talent Lab is a program designed for rapid skill acquisition and career growth. You will embark on an 15-18 month learning journey centered on investing in YOU.
What makes The Research Analyst Lab a GREAT opportunity for you?
- You will have an individualized development plan geared towards acquiring the knowledge and skills that YOU need for long-term career success at Gartner.
- You will be mentored by top-notch professionals who are experts in their field, designed to deepen your subject matter expertise and broaden your peer networks.
- You will work in a collaborative setting with the best and brightest minds in your fields.
What you’ll do:
As an Associate Principal Analyst, you will meet with clients every day, via video conference and eventually onsite, given client demand. As an analyst, you will engage with clients to support their most challenging business initiatives, ultimately helping them to make the right decisions for their role and their business. To support these conversations you will research markets, practices and trends and produce written research for Gartner clients to download and apply. You will collaborate with peers and become a published author on Gartner.com showcasing your own thought-leading research, growing your knowledge and your brand as a Gartner Analyst.
- Conduct research and analysis in specific areas of expertise targeting client’s key initiatives.
- Respond to client questions and deliver high quality actionable advice through a variety of media.
- Write high quality, clear, actionable, advisory research documents.
- Predict how cybersecurity related markets are developing, help clients in their selection process and assist vendors in overall market positioning.
- Remain ahead of the curve on developments and issues within these specified areas, through peer collaboration from your cybersecurity teams and contract negotiation teams.
- Proactively work with the wider sales organization and deliver outstanding sales support to retain and grow the business.
What you’ll need:
It helps to be obsessed with your topic! Gartner analysts are correctly viewed as THE experts. This means you will need to further develop your knowledge of your markets, vendors, trends, management practices. Gartner Analysts are team players who value expert insights, bold ideas and intellectual courage. They also love to solve the most challenging of puzzles!
- Subject matter familiarity in contract reviews with the ability to demonstrate understanding of, or interest in learning about the solutions in one or more cybersecurity markets (existing experience in cybersecurity or SaaS markets is preferred).
- Help us see the future & be creative. You must be a lifelong learner with foundational knowledge and experience in contract reviews or negotiations, or cybersecurity solutions.
- Subject matter expertise in software, SaaS, or services licensing, with the ability to demonstrate an understanding of negotiation best practices and trends in such markets.
- An understanding and curiosity about the larger business impact of new technology and business trends on cybersecurity software, SaaS, and services contracting models and costs, and how these can be navigated successfully.
- Solid understanding of sourcing/procurement or vendor management best practices
- Business Acumen. Understand how an organization operates (risks and opportunities) and the drivers of a company’s performance.
- Intellectual Agility. Analytical thinker with the ability to process and understand information quickly, diagnose the issue in order to take positions and make actionable intelligent recommendations.
- Collaboration. Can collaborate productively, build relationships, and move work forward with internal partners and clients.
- Communication. Can engage in clear, effective dialogue on complex concepts, and communicate them with poise.
- Leadership and Influence. Persuades, encourages, or gains the support of others and causes them to take action.
- Accepts personal accountability, takes ownership and perseveres. Embraces feedback with a mindset of continuous improvement of self and clients.
- Ownership & Impact. Accepts personal accountability, takes ownership and perseveres. Embrace feedback.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in a research or technology related role.
- Bachelor’s or equivalent experience.
- Ability to conduct occasional travel, regionally and globally.
What you’ll get:
- Professional development
- Participating in our world class training and onboarding in a collaborative environment
- Unlimited growth potential
- Top-tier benefits
- Experiencing great work life balance with up to 29 paid days off in year one
- Impacting organizations most critical priorities and work directly with c-level executives