PeaceHealth is seeking a Billing/Follow-up Specialist – Government Billing for a Full Time, 1.00 FTE, Day position. The general salary range for this job opening at PeaceHealth is $18.76 – $28.14. The actual hiring rate is dependent upon several factors, including but not limited to, the job/position responsibilities, location, terms of the applicable collective bargaining agreement, education, training, work experience, seniority, work performance, etc.
This position will be performed fully remote. If telecommuting, PeaceHealth will provide the caregiver with the necessary computer equipment. It is the responsibility of the caregiver to provide Internet access.
Must reside in Washington, Oregon, Texas or Alaska.***
Responsible for all phases of billing/account follow-up using accepted billing practices to ensure thorough and consistent account resolution to promote financial health. This position ensures appropriate reimbursement and days in Accounts Receivable with timely account follow-up and resolution of outstanding charges owed by third party payors. Responsible for all areas of billing and account follow-up including claims submission, account follow-up with insurance payors, and resolution of reimbursement issues for multi-facility, multi-specialty organization.
- Resolves insurance claim rejections/denials, and non-payment of claims by payors.
- Identifies trends in billing and follow-up, in order to expedite resolution of insurance accounts and identify delays in processing.
- Drafts appeals to insurance companies for reimbursement of monies owed.
- Maintains daily account, follow-up work lists within department while maintaining organization’s productivity standards.
- Ensures compliance and claims processed in accordance with payer contracts and policies, as well as to settle claims as appropriate.
- Identifies, researches and resolves: credit balances, missing payments, payer recoupments, and unposted cash as it pertains to billing account follow-up.
- Processes and maintain correspondence received from patients and insurance companies as it pertains to correct and timely billing of claims, and receipt of payment.
- Handles submission of issues to coding for review to ensure organizational and revenue cycle processes are followed.
- Communicates appropriately with insurance companies, patients, co-workers and supervisors.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
What you bring:
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- Associate Degree preferred.
- Minimum of 2 years experience in a billing or insurance account follow-up capacity required OR formal training or college coursework from a medical coding accredited school, specific to medical billing in lieu of experience may be considered.
- Medical terminology experience required.
- Knowledge of insurance processes and billing guidelines regulations required.
- Coding knowledge preferred.
- Epic experience preferred.
- Medical Billing Certificate preferred.
- Certified Revenue Cycle Representative preferred.
- HealthStream Badge preferred.
- Proficient use of computers including Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Skilled in 10-key by touch and keyboarding
- Ability to operate general office equipment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent attention to detail and ability to multi-task
- Ability to work with minimal supervision, independently, as well as in a collaborative team setting
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to prioritize and meet deadlines
- Knowledge of Commercial and/or Government Payors
- Ability to identify, research, and resolve credit balances, missing payments and unposted cash and payer recoupments, as it pertains to billing account follow-up.
- Ability to work remotely with minimal oversight, independently, as well as in a collaborative team setting.