You need to be based in the Netherlands or Belgium for this role and be fluent in Dutch.
About our Client
The Client is a leading Open Banking-powered Account to Account (A2A) payment provider of Instant Payments and Instant Payouts. The Client provides a convenient transaction experience for consumers and reduces the risk in the payment process for merchants.
The team behind has worked with launching the first generation of fintech companies before founding the current organisation.
They know the market landscape, technologies, opportunities, and challenges.
Now, it’s time to channel all those experiences into developing modern solutions that will benefit merchants and end-users.
As a Business Development Manager (Benelux), you will play a vital role in the Client’s commercial success by unlocking new business opportunities. You will be part of an experienced, driven and inclusive team that is changing the face of the European payments landscape by leveraging Open Banking technology.
The Client is looking for individuals with a proven track record of understanding prospects’ business needs and payment challenges, somebody who can translate these into a clear and compelling sales pitch.
The ideal candidate will have an existing professional network within one or more of our target verticals. These include but are not limited to the gig / freelance / creator economy, travel, eLearning, online trading, consumer loans and insurance.
A payments/fintech background is preferred but not essential.
As a crucial member of the Commercial team, you will identify and research for target customers and build strong relationships with key stakeholders. By driving all stages of the sales process, you will be a crucial contributor to the company’s growth.
The role includes:
- Entering negotiations and building a strong pipeline of qualified opportunities.
- Leveraging your professional and personal network to get a foot in the door, accelerate the sales cycle and close deals.
- Working closely with the Head of Benelux to define and execute a playbook that delivers new business within agreed timescales.
- Using CRM tool (Salesforce) to track and manage your opportunities, ensuring they are up to date and market feedback is accurately captured.
Are you the right person?
You are a natural communicator who can work closely with different teams, such as Marketing, Product and Merchant Solutions.
To be successful in this role, you can demonstrate past examples of:
- How you provided structured market feedback to non-customer facing teams in a way that helps to continually improve product, customer experience and marketing activities.
- How you influenced key stakeholders (from the economic buyer to internal champions) to move deals forward at pace.
- How you have executed an effective sales strategy in the past, supported by detailed examples.
- Your grasp of a technical and/or payments solution and how you communicated it to potential clients.
- How operational excellence and discipline have delivered results in the past.
- Excellent written and spoken English. Dutch and or French are a plus.
Become part of a profitable Fintech, founded and led by some of the best in the industry.
This is your chance to leave your mark, working alongside experienced industry leaders who have done it before and want to do it again.
If this sounds exciting, we want to hear from you.
- An optimistic, caring, and inclusive culture where you can be yourself. A belief in continuous learning and knowledge exchange, being the best, energetic and dynamic.
- A flat organisation, friendly colleagues, and fast decision-making
- Gain exposure to a wide range of verticals and use cases for instant payouts, meaning you will work with the most exciting, fast-growth businesses in the BENELUX market, contacts that will strengthen your professional network.
- Regular business trips to the Swedish HQ, where you can connect with a diverse group of technologists and commercial experts.