Magellan Health is actively hiring for a Business Intelligence Analytics role for someone with hands-on experience in Business Intelligence implementations. The primary purpose of this Business Intelligence Analytics role is to serve as a subject matter expert in the strategy, design, and implementation of data mapping for new health plan implementations and legacy reporting modernization. This role will lead and develop the future state reporting strategy, including replacing the Cognos, Qlick, NPrinting, and manual reports and aligning with current data & analytics reference architecture and reporting processes with reporting best practices.
Experience with BI implementations is required.
The ideal candidate would also have hands-on experience with Jira & ServiceNow tools and experience with Agile Scrum release management.
Will be responsible for developing the reporting strategy including standardization of reporting, visualization, and storytelling with data and serving up data in an easily consumable way that enables business users to understand their operating environment better. This role will also have a primary focus on developing reporting solutions to automate manual reports and build dashboards and/or reports according to the identified customer reporting requirements. Serve as a problem solver and a role model to coach other analysts for best practices. This position will be responsible for leading data modeling gap analysis, master data mapping, and change management and key to expanding reporting content, capabilities, and access across the enterprise.
This is a fully remote FTE position, allowing you to work from the comfort of your own home.
- The position requires 7+ years of data analytics, informatics or business intelligence experience
- Synthesizes and refines raw quantitative and qualitative data into visually depicting stories that are comprehensible and impactful to the business.
- Delivers business-critical data, reports and dashboards for internal and external stakeholders using tools like Tableau, Cognos, Excel, PowerPoint etc.
- Consults with Magellan stakeholders at all levels of the organization to identify business requirements for member and provider data and alignment with data collection strategy.
- Integrates data across multiple streams into a single narrative to answer specific business questions.
- Understands underlying business challenges and deliver accurate data insights that enable confident, effective decision making.
- Generates ideas for exploratory analyses to shape future projects and provide recommendations for actions.
- Analyzes existing processes with focus on identifying gaps, non-value added steps, and other impediments to efficient operation.
- Thinks beyond individual requests and plan for future data usage through data organization, accuracy, and structure.
- Organizes and integrates data from a variety of sources for incorporation into a data warehouse or for use in reports drawing on multiple data sets.
- Partners with cross-functional teams of clients, business analysts and developers to deliver on strategic data and analytics initiatives.
- Supports key business leaders in identifying cost efficiency and quality improvement opportunities through reporting and analytics.
- Mentors peers and co-workers as a business intelligence SME.
- Provides insight and analysis on trends and issues in respective areas of expertise that will promote and influence continuous improvement.
- Develops metrics against which improvement impact can be measured and ensures those metrics are met or exceeded.
- Researches and identifies relative benchmarks to be used in the establishment of daily management measures to assure compliance with standard work.
- Oversees the analysis, planning, design, implementation and evaluation of key projects to help achieve organizational goals while measuring business process improvements.