Data Migration Lead
£600 per day Inside IR35
Morgan McKinley is currently working with a multinational data analytics and consumer company, that is seeking a Data Migration Lead. As the Data Migration Lead, you will join an experienced, delivery-focused team currently undertaking a data migration as part of a large-scale business transformation programme. This role requires someone with extensive experience of delivering data migrations within complex business environments comprising a wide range of programme, business, and third-party stakeholders. The key objective of the Data Migration Lead is to ensure the successful and timely delivery of the data migration, whilst remaining focussed on setting and following best practices. You will be instrumental in the successful delivery of data migration projects through the initial stages of project planning and mobilization, all the way through to the technical and business cutover activities. They will be an expert in all migration activities and will have an excellent understanding of the underlying technical activities (prior experience in a technical role within a migration project is desirable). The DM Lead will direct a medium-sized team comprising technical and project-management personnel.
The ability to understand technical issues and their impacts on the migration workstream and wider plan are a must.
What you’ll be doing:
- Work with the Data Migration Project Manager (PM) to develop achievable migration plans, including resource profiles and deliverables, which will be agreed with the client and the Head of Migration and driven forward in collaboration with client stakeholders.
- Lead the Data Migration Team in the delivery of data migration requirements and objectives, managing the day-to-day operations of the team.
- Helps shape the migration scope and will subsequently work alongside the DM PM to control scope.
- Responsible for defining the project / programme-specific data and document migration and cutover strategies.
- Oversee the planning, coordination, and execution of data load cycles, both for test loads, and formal test cycles (FAT, SIT, PAT, UAT etc.)
- Define and shape the requirements, scope, and objectives of the data migration.
- Accountable for the migration deliverables (discovery, mapping, transformation, and load). Holds overall responsibility for the success of the end-to-end process.
- Oversee the setup and maintenance of the technical migration environment(s).
- Ensure that data migrations are delivered in-line with best practice, and that this adhered to by the migration team.
If this role is of an interest, please apply!