About the Role
The Business Development Director is in charge of Bid management team and part of the definition of the commercial strategy and pricing as well as RFI/RFP/Pricing answers. The BD Director plans and implements sales programs in key vertical markets, coordinates development of sales objectives, strategies, and promotional programs and ensures their execution, gathers new product ideas and evaluates their potential, provides leadership with information used to evaluate new opportunities, ensures maximum revenue at minimum cost through effective negotiation and maintains knowledge of the long-term business strategies of each of the potential client’s business lines to anticipate and plan for optimal partnership interaction between the client and the company.
- Leads RFP / proposal development, presentation generation, interaction with clients, sales visit organization, pricing development, and development of company communications.
- Supervises the RFP protocol process, including writing new business proposals, participating in planning and presentation sessions. Manages RFP response timelines and ensures subject matter experts’ deliverables are complete and meets the bid response timeline. Develops and edits RFP responses and content submitted by SMEs in line with the strategy.
- Responsible for collecting and preparing for review updated country-specific pricing assumptions, ensure new pricing templates are developed when needed, and updates to existing ones are done; provides feedback around pricing exercises and processes to look for areas of improvement.
- Making compelling written/oral proposals for the formal presentation of products, solutions and services to clients.
- Managing the client-facing strategy & coordination of strategy messaging / SME introductions
- Securing win-team resources (as per workstream overview)
- Aligning “price to win”, based on client intel & internal precedence, with the Foundever solution.
- Develop & maintain client stakeholder map, understand decision-making influence & authority.
- Removing internal/external roadblocks
- Managing & maintaining internal executive sponsorship & deal approval
- Leading client-facing discussions & contractual negotiations.
Skills and Knowledge
- Critical and agile analysis
- Team management
- Interpersonal and collaborative skills
- Strong verbal and written communication
- Presentation and facilitation
- Team player
- Customer Experience (CX)
- Global organization
- Demonstrated record of accomplishment of long-term business relationships that have resulted in recurring revenue.
- Deep outsourcing and/or business consulting knowledge that will provide contacts and lend both credibility and confidence.
- Ability to influence others at the executive level.
- Commissions-driven sales track record.
- 5 years or more progressively responsible experience in industry (BPO, CX Direction) or in multinational consulting services organizations.
- Successful track record collaborating with global organizations to offer strategic solutions that deliver results.
- Team management
- Business school
- Bachelor’s degree
Certifications and Licenses
- English (required)
- Market languages (required)
- Other languages (nice to have)
Tools and Applications
- Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Contact management applications is a plus.
- Travel to be planned.