Shopify is innovating faster than any other commerce stack. We put independence within reach for anyone with a dream to start a business. We transform enterprises and work with some of the world’s biggest names and brands who are pushing the limits — and expect us to, too.
While millions of merchants in over 175 countries already use Shopify, the remaining opportunity is VAT. This is life-defining work that directly impacts people’s lives as much as it transforms your own. This is putting the power of the few in the hands of the many, is a future with more voices rather than fewer, and is creating more choices instead of an elite option.
About the Role
In Solutions Engineering, we develop strong relationships with our customers and act as their trusted advisors. We develop a deep understanding of their business, technical infrastructure and play a pivotal role in shaping the technical solution for our prospects and customers. Your team will be the main point of contact responsible for answering all technical questions from the customer, demonstrating the value that Shopify can bring to our customers, and developing innovative technical solutions that address the customers pain points and help to propel their business forward.
Your team will dive headfirst into the world of our customers, understanding their objectives and formulating a technical and business solution that leverages our ecosystem. Your role is to build bridges, fostering relationships across internal organizations, and collaborate with our sales team to uncover new revenue opportunities. You’ll be instrumental in driving a depth of understanding of our platform’s capabilities, building trust with the key decision-makers and driving overall customer acquisition and customer satisfaction.
To provide the most intelligent and comprehensive recommendations, you will need to analyze the customer’s business needs and goals, deeply understand their current technical infrastructure, and help the customer understand how Shopify and our ecosystem can help the customer achieve their goals. It will be important to also stay abreast of the competitive landscape so we best position Shopify in a broad commerce landscape.
This role is not for the faint-hearted. We are a team of independent thinkers who are driven by growth and impact. We get shit done and we do it fast. We operate on a foundation of low process and high trust, which means you need to be someone who can thrive amidst change and a bit of chaos. At the same time, you should be able to see the bigger picture, sometimes setting aside personal beliefs for the greater good of commerce.
Building strong relationships is key in this role. You will act as an advocate for solution engineering within Shopify, as an advocate for our customers needs within Shopify, and as an advocate for Shopify with the customers. This means actively listening to customers and continually identifying opportunities that enable them to better leverage the Shopify ecosystem. You will collaborate with other teams within Shopify to recommend, plan, and coordinate strategies that will benefit the merchant and ensure their success.
What You’ll Do
- Drive team towards success, ensuring everyone is accountable and committed to our mission of creating value and enabling growth.
- Foster communication and influence across the organization, pinpointing areas that can benefit from increased collaboration and drive impactful results.
- Oversee multiple managerial teams in delivering large-scale initiatives and generating impact, while continuously evaluating for strengths and areas of improvement.
- Ensure managers promote inclusivity and focus on personnel development, as well as diagnose and resolve complex team issues effectively.
- Equip the team with necessary skills for long-term growth, recruiting top talent and facilitating their cross-functional integration into the organization.
- Shape a commercial vision and strategy that extends beyond immediate team goals, proactively addressing complex issues spanning across disciplines and teams.
- Influence commercial decisions and outcomes, contributing to resource allocation beyond their own team, while setting a clear vision for the team’s future.
- Experience in solutions engineering and with large / enterprise size customers, with multiple years of team leadership in a solutions engineering organization.
- Ability to lead, manage, mentor, and inspire a team while also holding the team accountable to revenue goals and growth.
- Experience in a customer-facing role, providing business insights that inspire trust
- Excellent communication skills that will enable the building of strong relationships across Shopify and with our customers
- Analytical and problem-solving skills to analyze customer data, identify trends, and make data-backed decisions to improve customer outcomes.
- Experience in a B2B SaaS environment is highly desired. Knowledge of Commerce would be an asset.