We use technology to solve problems in spaces, light, and more things to come… for our customers, our communities, and our planet.
Acuity Brands, Inc. (NYSE: AYI) is a market-leading industrial technology company. We use technology to solve problems in spaces, light, and more things to come. Through our two business segments, Acuity Brands Lighting and Lighting Controls (ABL) and the Intelligent Spaces Group (ISG), we design, manufacture, and bring to market products and services that make a valuable difference in people’s lives.
We are positioned at the intersection of sustainability and technology. Our businesses develop technology that helps save our customers energy and reduce their carbon emissions. We achieve growth through the development of innovative new products and services, including lighting, lighting controls, building management solutions, and location-aware applications.
This individual is a strategic, data-oriented leader who will be responsible for the strategic direction and management of Talent Acquisition (salaried, hourly, and/or contingent labor) across Acuity Brands. This position will lead a team of recruiting professionals, program managers, and/or consultants and maintain key/strategic internal and external relationships to deliver high-quality talent solutions that meet the business needs and objectives. The director will also partner with senior leaders, hiring managers, HR business partners, and external vendors to ensure a seamless and positive candidate and hiring manager experience. This individual will proactively manage key vendor relationships to deliver processes and experiences that align to our overall Talent Acquisition strategy and the organization’s business objectives.
This individual will report to the Vice President of Talent and Organization Effectiveness.
Key Tasks & Responsibilities (Essential Functions)
- Lead, coach, develop, and motivate a team of professionals, fostering a culture of collaboration, accountability, end-user focus, and excellence.
- Define and implement the talent acquisition strategy, policies, efficient and effective recruiting processes processes, and systems for recruiting (salaried, hourly, and/or contingent labor).
- Manage the relationship and performance of key vendor relationships, ensuring alignment with the service level agreements and key performance indicators.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders, including senior leaders, hiring managers, HR business partners, candidates, RPO and VMS vendors, and other talent acquisition partners.
- Monitor and evaluate the quality, compliance, and cost-effectiveness of talent acquisition and vendor relationships, providing feedback and recommendations for improvement.
- Establish hourly RPO in Mexico, develop partnership with the provider, establish new processes and relationships with leaders and business partners in the region.
- Manage RPO strategy, processes and team running the newly implemented vendor management system (VMS).
Skills And Minimum Experience Required
- Bachelor’s Degree in human resources, organizational psychology, business administration, or related field; master’s degree preferred
- 9+ years of experience working in talent acquisition
- Previous experience in designing global talent programs/processes
- Previous experience managing VMS (Fieldglass)
- Experience in coordinating multiple projects, collaborating with global teams, applying strategic thought in forming partnerships, influencing stakeholders at all levels, and making data-based decisions
- Experience in positioning, Employer Value Proposition (EVP), and marketing strategies
- Track record of developing and executing successful talent acquisition strategies that align with the business goals and objectives.
- Ability to not only lead and run the day to day, but step back, look ahead and chart the strategic path forward.
- Ability to strategically partner across HR and the business.
- Excellent leadership, management, communication, interpersonal, and influencing skills.
- Ability to work effectively in a dynamic environment.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously with high attention to detail and quality.
- Ability to drive continuous improvement and innovation in the talent acquisition function.
- Proven ability to manage projects using standard project management tools and frameworks.
- Analyze and glean insights from analyze talent acquisition metrics and trends.
Preferred Skills And Experience
- Progressive experience in talent acquisition, with at least 5 years of experience in managing salaried or hourly recruiting RPO and/or contingent labor VMS programs.
- Strong knowledge of the RPO and VMS market trends, best practices, technologies, vendors, and solutions.
- Bilingual – English and Spanish (speaking and writing preferred)