Chainlink Labs is the primary contributing developer of Chainlink, the decentralized computing platform powering the verifiable web. Chainlink is the industry-standard platform for providing access to real-world data, offchain computation, and secure cross-chain interoperability across any blockchain. Chainlink Labs helps power verifiable applications for banking, DeFi, global trade, and gaming by collaborating with some of the world’s largest financial institutions, notably Swift, DTCC, and ANZ. Chainlink Labs also works with top Web3 teams, including Aave, Compound, GMX, Maker, and Synthetix. Chainlink Labs was ranked in Newsweek’s 100 Most Loved Workplaces 2023 in both the United States and the United Kingdom.
The Engineering Team
At Chainlink Labs, our engineering team pushes the scale and capabilities of decentralized applications across the industry. The Chainlink Network holds 70% market share in the Oracle space, solving real-world problems by enabling smart contracts to securely interact with off-chain data/computation.
We value talented and driven craftsmen who work collaboratively to tackle complex challenges, deliver product impact, and grow as builders. Join us and shape the future of blockchain technology and decentralized finance.
About The Role
We are seeking a highly skilled and experienced Engineering Manager to lead and scale our engineering team responsible for our rapidly growing user-facing data products. The successful candidate will be responsible for forming close cross-functional partnerships with products and taking charge of operational aspects of the day-to-day running of the team. You will be responsible for prioritizing the growth and development of the engineers in your team while focusing on the delivery of key features.
- Support engineers in their career development and growth plans
- Stabilise the delivery expectations of the team.
- Deliver with quality and rigour.
- Forge strong partnerships with product, GTM, and executive leadership to ensure seamless collaboration. This role demands a keen ability to navigate and align with diverse stakeholders. Given the high visibility of this work, effective communication and relationship-building skills are essential
- Proven experience in effectively managing a team of at least 4 engineers, demonstrating strong leadership and mentoring skills.
- Track record of successfully delivering multiple highly impactful products from inception to completion as the team lead and/or manager, with a focus on large user bases or significant value creation.
- Demonstrated ability to deliver products that meet high performance and reliability requirements, showcasing a commitment to quality and robust engineering practices.
- Proficient in navigating and thriving in ambiguous situations, displaying adaptability and decisiveness in the face of uncertainty.
- Strong commitment to the well-being and growth of team members, exhibiting genuine care and concern for the professional development of engineers.
- Consistent track record of delivering projects on time with high quality, showcasing resilience and effective decision-making under diverse circumstances.
- Experience and proficiency in working with data and/or low latency systems, demonstrating a deep understanding of related technologies.
- Strong project management skills, with the ability to efficiently plan, execute, and deliver projects within defined timelines.
- Familiarity with blockchain and web3 concepts.
- Proficient experience in working with big data streaming technologies, demonstrating a deep understanding of related tools and frameworks.
- Extensive background in designing, implementing, and maintaining distributed and highly available infrastructure, ensuring optimal system performance.
- Demonstrated experience and success in working within a product-led organization, understanding the dynamics and priorities associated with such environments.