Millions of people across the world come to Pinterest to find new ideas every day. It’s where they get inspiration, dream about new possibilities and plan for what matters most. Our mission is to help those people find their inspiration and create a life they love. In your role, you’ll be challenged to take on work that upholds this mission and pushes Pinterest forward. You’ll grow as a person and leader in your field, all the while helping Pinners make their lives better in the positive corner of the internet.
Creating a life you love also means finding a career that celebrates the unique perspectives and experiences that you bring. As you read through the expectations of the position, consider how your skills and experiences may complement the responsibilities of the role. We encourage you to think through your relevant and transferable skills from prior experiences.
In this role, you will lead a team responsible for growing the engineering velocity of 300+ developers working within the ads-serving space. You’ll partner closely with several other ads teams to define and execute our strategy to develop critical frameworks and tools that allow fast iteration with high availability, enabling us to hit our aggressive business goals. The ads recommendation engine has the highest QPS at Pinterest, the highest number of developers, and generates 100% of Pinterest’s revenue). This is a great opportunity for someone passionate about creating a streamlined developer experience within a complex recommendation system to generate tremendous impact at Pinterest.
What you’ll do
- Manage a full-stack (backend, front-end, data analysis) engineering team to plan and execute against a defined strategy to accelerate engineering velocity for 300+ ads developers
- Mentor engineers to develop their careers and achieve their goals, from early career through senior level
- Continuously evolve the team strategy, looking 6-12 months ahead and planning around our most critical business goals
- Partner closely with our customers on the Ads Quality and Ads Product teams to inform our strategy, and accelerate launches that deliver significant gains in revenue, CTR, CPAs, etc.
- Build a strong, inclusive team culture that aims to deliver extraordinary results and creates belonging by providing
- Act as a stalwart of technical quality and excellence on the team, ensuring the solutions we deliver have a high level of polish and reliability
What we’re looking for:
- 1+ years of engineering management experience
- 5+ years of Back-end engineering experience
- Strong empathy for the pain points faced by other engineers, and the passion to solve them. You have solicited input from customers and built solutions to streamline their experience developing with your platform.
- Proven project planning and execution skills. You have led a multi-person team to get things done in a timely fashion.
- Strong people and career development skills. You have provided guidance on both technical and soft skills to help people grow their careers.
- Mastery of at least one systems language (Java, Go, C++) and some familiarity with front-end technologies (React, Angular). You have both technical depth and breadth of experience.
- Experience with cross-team collaboration, alignment, and execution. You have worked on multi-team projects to deliver impact towards a greater goal.