Paylocity is a cloud-based software company that creates customized HR solutions for small to mid-sized organizations. Our workplace enhances communication and enables employees to connect, collaborate, and create from anywhere. Our award-winning culture ensures everyone has a voice and feels truly welcome. Join Paylocity as we shape the future of technology and the workplace!
We give our employees what they need to succeed, including great benefits and perks! We offer medical, dental, vision, life, disability, and a 401(k) match, as well as perks that support you, your family, and your finances. And if it’s career development you desire, we provide that, too! At Paylocity, people matter most and have always been at the heart of our business.
Help Paylocity enhance communication and enable employees to connect, collaborate, and create from anywhere with a position in Product & Technology!
Want to develop the strategies and principles needed to deliver compelling software? Join our team and help us enhance our all-in-one software platform, elevate our one-of-a-kind technology, and improve the employee experience.
Take your career to the next level at one of G2’s Top 100 Software Companies. Explore our Product & Technology positions to see where you fit!
Engineering Manager II
Engineering Manager II’s are members of our product teams, responsible for creating, enhancing, and supporting common features. Working side-by-side with Product Owners, Software Test Engineers, and Business Stakeholders, they are actively involved in the complete software development life cycle in an agile environment including technical design, hands-on coding, unit testing, integration testing, performance tuning, maintenance, test automation, deploys and upgrades.
Are you the teammate we are looking for?
Who You Are
Engineering is the function that applies principles and techniques of engineering and computer science to the design, development, and testing of applications. The Product & Technology engineering family consists of software development, testing, database, devops, virtualization & network.
- Enthusiastic about developing the best software available and providing the ultimate customer experience
- Interested in staying current by applying new technologies
- Able to work in a collaborative environment with a willingness to share your ideas
- Able to work independently on modules and complete tasks with high quality and contribute to high velocity, but unafraid to seek out suggestions from other team members
- Excited to work on cutting-edge technology
During The First Six Months, You Will
- Independently lead 1-2 engineering team in the development or enhancement of products, solutions, and processes
- Understand, facilitate, and evolve the core processes of team (development, planning, on-call rotations, bug triage, metrics review, etc.)
- Empower and unblock a team to deliver impact at a high velocity by establishing efficient execution and operational processes and hold the team accountable while cultivating a healthy team environment
- Coach and mentor team members toward achieving expectations and progressing in their career
- Work with a single team and product partners within a single domain that may contain multiple products or applications
- Own the overall health and engineering quality of the product(s) owned within a domain or function
- Independently lead the activities of 1-2 team towards execution on projects/goals that are often beyond the scope of immediate team
- Must be adaptable to change and have a willingness to learn
- Must have a strong sense of curiosity
- Must commit to their role and take responsibility for their tasks
- Must be able to work effectively in an agile and team environment
- Must be effective and creative in problem solving
- Has good knowledge of Cloud, REST API , Microservice architecture
- Good experience with SQL and NoSQL databases
- Is a strong people manager and project manager
- An advocate for devops & continuous delivery.