Your Role Will Be
We are over 100 technologists at Onfido. We range from machine learning scientists and product designers to mobile, back-end, front-end and test engineers. The challenges are varied and it’s easy to stay hungry as opportunities are plenty. Tech teams are cross functional which gives them a great degree of independence. You will have the chance to work on different products which are owned by different teams:
- Work closely with product designers, product managers and other engineers to deliver great experiences to our customers—and their users too!
- Prototype and iterate until the solutions are impactful and well polished.
- Tweak and evolve our processes. You can always help the team release faster and safer.
- Guide other engineers in managing debt, planning refactors and improve our tooling.
- For a further look at what we have been working on, take a look at our front end blog !
Our wish list is a combination of…
- Great understanding of React and other architectural frameworks
- Experience with both functional and object oriented programming
- Experience working on projects supporting multiple devices/browsers
- Up-to-date with the latest Web features
- Test automation experience
- plus Bonus points:
- Experience with the Camera API
- Knowledge of building CI/CD pipelines
- Experience of graphQL and Node
- Experience building and working with event driven architectures
- Bringing bleeding edge web features to production safely
We are technology agnostic at Onfido , We are not looking for you to have experience in all these technologies. As long as you’re open to learning, please apply.
We currently use Python, Ruby, and Elixir for our service code; AWS for the underlying infrastructure.
As an architect, you will help influence some of these decisions, create solutions using these, and also help us set best practices for these tools. You can learn more about our product engineering team and the work we do on our blog .
We deeply value trust, ownership, and rapid iteration. Our engineers, product managers, and designers work together closely to solve a challenging problem – identity in an online world – and build products that are polished and impactful.
Where You Will Be
At Onfido, we have a distributed workforce. This role will be based as advertised on the job description. We have a hybrid model, and you can choose to work fully remote, or come to our offices! We let all of our employees choose what’s best for them.
Onfidoers share a set of core values and want to hear from you if you believe in:
> Succeeding together; you work collaboratively and put the team first
> Taking pride; you care about quality, producing great work and customer / user outcomes
> Creating customer buzz; you demonstrate a strong user / customer focus
> Learning things & sharing them; you have a natural curiosity and default to sharing knowledge with others
> Finding a better way; you’re adept at finding solutions, experimentation and innovating to make things better
We’re committed to making Onfido a fantastic place to work, so we go to great lengths to give you what you need to succeed. You’ll receive:
> 25 days annual leave plus a day off for your Birthday.
> Two paid volunteering days per year.*
> Bupa Private Medical and Dental Insurance*
> Life Assurance (3x Annual Base Salary)*
> Pension with The People’s Pension (employer contribution 4% of base salary)*
> Generous paid parental leaveFree mental health coaching provided online
> Life enrichment allowance of up to £80 per month to use for services including gym, yoga, fitness classes, massages, childcare, and therapy
> Dedicated learning opportunities including using tools like Learnably with availability to use for learning resources such as books, coaches, conferences, courses, podcasts, and more
> Our open and transparent culture is reflected in our “Better Together” motto and we bring this to life by meeting once a week for our global weekly roundup (OnThursday); holding quarterly team socials, and other company-wide social events
> Expense up to £300 (or local equivalent) to purchase workstation setup equipment
> The opportunity to become a member of Onfido’s resource groups in order to learn different skills in our belonging groups