The Full Stack Developer is responsible for writing clean efficient code to build and extend the functionality of Sleep Data’s product lines. Strong cross functional and top down communication skills are a critical component of this position. Part of this role involves communication of the technical project components to clients, and company leaders such as CTO’s, developers and business leaders. A key expectation of this position is to translate technical situations/scenarios and terms to non-technical managers and employees. This is a fully remote position that may occasionally work onsite in San Diego, CA. The successful candidate must be able to work remotely yet remain connected to the Dev team and internal/external stakeholders.
BetterNight has respected roots in sleep medicine. Over 25 years ago we engineered a successful home sleep testing model. Since then, we have grown into a leader in providing PAP therapy, and helping patients have a better night’s sleep. Headquartered in San Diego, California, we have locations across the country and a staff of over 300 experienced professionals nationwide to meet the needs of our patients.
We need you to:
- Writes clean, maintainable and efficient code in Ruby on Rails, Python or Angular (ROR required)
- Designs robust, scalable and secure features
- Understands HTML/CSS
- Strong understanding of front-end and back-end development.
- Developing restful APIs
- Work with SQL data
- Writing unit and integration tests
- Understands AWS and basic network infrastructure and security
- Self-starter and comfortable communicating directly with the business and clinical stakeholders
- Offers technical advice on design, coding and project implementation to internal team members
- Partners with clinical, operational and business development staff within BetterNight to develop products that support client groups and end users
- Excellent troubleshooting and problem solving skills in complex technical environments
- Must be hard working, team oriented, bright, creative, collaborative, cooperative, and an exceptional problem solver
- High-energy, quality-focused, detailed individual
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to interact effectively with members and staff
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Must be able to read, write, and speak English fluently
You’ll be a great fit for us if you have:
- Experience developing web apps and websites.
- Required skills: Ruby on Rails.
- Preferred skills include: Angular, Linux, specifically Debian or Ubuntu, Ansible, AWS deployments, JSON/JSON API, Github, Mac OS X, MySQL or Postgres database administration, XML parsing.
- Salary range of $130,000.00 to $170,000.00
- Remote work environment
- Be part of a collaborative team
- Medical/Dental/Vision/401(k) and other great benefits
- Vacation/Holiday/Sick Pay