HigherMe is hiring a Full Stack Software Developer!
Higherme is an all-in-one hiring software used every day by restaurants of the world’s top brands such as Dunkin’ Donuts, Domino’s, Chick-fil-A, Panera Bread, and many others! Our mission is to change how people hire in the restaurant industry. We strive to be known as the best hiring system for restaurants in North America!
Our team is small yet mighty with 50+ people who enjoy working remotely while maintaining a strong sense of connection to each other. We are a 100% distributed team working from the U.S., Canada and internationally, and we welcome and respect all. Though we are a remote-first company, we have a slight preference towards applicants in the Americas (inclusive of Central, South, and North). That said, we are happy to welcome anyone who can overlap at least 4 hours of EST (Toronto/New York) timezone.
We are on the hunt for an experienced, highly motivated, and passionate Full Stack Developer for our Product and Engineering department. The ideal candidate will be a self-starter who loves solving complex problems and is not afraid to take on and own various projects. Our development team works in PHP using the Laravel framework with a MySQL database, and a React front end. Reporting to the Chief Technology Officer, the Full Stack Developer will have a comprehensive understanding of all layers of software development, including server-side programming, client-side programming, and database management. Through feature development, collaboration, debugging, and testing, this individual will strive to ensure seamless integration and smooth functionality across the entire application stack.
Skills and Qualifications
- English fluency (native or professional).
- 3+ years of both React and Laravel.
- Experience building SaaS applications.
- Self-starter mentality and highly driven.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills.
- Previous remote work experience with distributed Dev team members.
- Thorough knowledge, experience, and understanding with full stack development.
How You Will Make an Impact
- Collaborate with the project and product manager to understand project requirements, provide possible solutions, and implement them into functioning code.
- Break down high-level features into organized tasks that can be managed by the product team.
- Collaborate with UX/UI designers to implement and maintain visually appealing and intuitive user interfaces.
- Develop and maintain features, including both front-end and back-end components while ensuring high performance, responsiveness, and scalability.
- Build and maintain server-side features and APIs
- Write clean, well-documented, effective, maintainable, and testable code.
- Review and test code thoroughly to ensure code velocity and health.
- Ensure cross-browser and cross-platform compatibility.
- Troubleshoot, provide resolutions, and debug technical issues in a timely manner.
- Conduct code reviews and provide constructive feedback to improve code quality.
- Collaborate with the QA team to ensure the quality of the user interface.
- Stay up-to-date with the latest industry trends, tools, and technologies, and apply them to enhance the development process and deliver high-quality software solutions.
Nice to Haves
- Great sense of humor!
- DevOps experience is a big plus! Any direct work with AWS with EBCLI, Docker, Kubernetes, nginx, linux distros will surely grab our team’s attention.
- Direct experience with B2B Saas Applications.
- Preference to those with experience in the restaurant or food service industry.
- Open to occasional evening and weekend work.
What We Offer
- Freedom to work from anywhere!
- We are closed for 15 company holidays per year, recognizing Federal Holidays for both US & Canada!
- Competitive compensation.
- Health benefits (US and Canada).
- Company paid-for laptop.
- Annual equipment budget for home office setup.