About The Team
Discovery Experience is a new applications-focused team enabling our 2 million subscribers to discover exciting content through two key apps: Everand and Scribd. The Everand app is a gateway for our users to access an expansive library of over 7 million titles, including ebooks, audiobooks, podcasts, and magazine articles, offering a Netflix-like experience. Meanwhile, the Scribd app provides access to an extensive collection of over 100 million user-uploaded documents, including PDFs and other formats.
About The Role
In the role of iOS Engineer, you will be instrumental in maintaining the stability and performance of the search and discovery functionality of these apps. Your responsibilities will include working across our codebase to push the product roadmap forward and also to enhance code quality and engineering practices.
- 3-5 years of experience shipping iOS apps to the public
- Proficiency in Swift and at least one other programming language
- Experience designing and building APIs, working with relevant backend teams
- Excellent technical and non-technical communication – We are a remote, distributed team, this is a key requirement for success 🙂
- Objective C
- Building and maintaining XCode CI/CD pipelines
- Test automation
At Scribd, your base pay is one part of your total compensation package and is determined within a range. Our pay ranges are based on the local cost of labor benchmarks for each specific role, level, and geographic location. San Francisco is our highest geographic market in the United States. In the state of California, the reasonably expected salary range is between $115,000 [minimum salary in our lowest geographic market within California] to $186,000 [maximum salary in our highest geographic market within California].
In the United States, outside of California, the reasonably expected salary range is between $95,000 [minimum salary in our lowest US geographic market outside of California] to $176,500 [maximum salary in our highest US geographic market outside of California].
In Canada, the reasonably expected salary range is between $ 113,000 CAD [minimum salary in our lowest geographic market] to $166,750 CAD [maximum salary in our highest geographic market].
We carefully consider a wide range of factors when determining compensation, including but not limited to experience; job-related skill sets; relevant education or training; and other business and organizational needs. The salary range listed is for the level at which this job has been scoped. In the event that you are considered for a different level, a higher or lower pay range would apply. This position is also eligible for a competitive equity ownership, and a comprehensive and generous benefits package.
Benefits, Perks, And Wellbeing At Scribd
- Benefits/perks listed may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Scribd and the geographical location where you work.
- Healthcare Insurance Coverage (Medical/Dental/Vision): 100% paid for employees
- 12 weeks paid parental leave
- Short-term/long-term disability plans
- 401k/RSP matching
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Learning & Development programs
- Quarterly stipend for Wellness, Connectivity & Comfort
- Mental Health support & resources
- Free subscription to Scribd + gift memberships for friends & family
- Referral Bonuses
- Book Benefit
- Company wide events
- Team engagement budgets
- Vacation & Personal Days
- Paid Holidays (+ winter break)
- Flexible Sick Time
- Volunteer Day
- Company-wide Diversity, Equity, & Inclusion programs