Pillar4 Media is seeking a Junior WordPress Developer to join its fast-growing team.
As a member of the Engineering team, you’ll work closely with senior leadership and other team members to develop and maintain Pillar4’s data architecture.
Pillar4’s mission is to help people live healthier lives with access to trusted resources, in-depth product reviews, and supportive communities. Our vision is to build the #1 content and commerce engine connecting consumers directly to the best brands in all four pillars of health and wellness: sleep, fitness, nutrition, and mental health.
What You’ll Be Doing
Reporting to the Senior Front End Lead, the Junior WordPress Developer will:
- Develop and maintain WordPress-based websites with a focus on custom themes and plugins.
- Collaborate with designers and other team members to convert visual designs into functional websites.
- Perform website updates, enhancements, and optimizations based on requirements.
- Conduct quality assurance and testing to ensure compatibility across browsers and devices.
- Stay up-to-date with WordPress updates, best practices, and emerging technologies.
- Provide support and troubleshooting for WordPress-related issues.
What You Bring
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Web Development, or one to three years of work experience in front end/web development
- Proficiency in WordPress development, including theme and plugin development.
- Familiarity with MySQL and database management.
- Experience with version control systems, such as Git, is a plus.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and attention to detail.
- Passion for learning and adapting to new technologies.
What We Look For
- Openness to feedback and collaboration: You’ll be working closely with folks across different teams, so you’ll need to be open to the process and accepting of feedback and critique.
- Strong communication skills: You’ll have the ability to build relationships with external stakeholders, report to internal stakeholders, and foster strong alignment with your team.
- Alignment with Pillar4’s culture: We live by our values and expect our team to buy in.
- Act with focus
- Get after it
- Grow without limits
- Build the team
- Obsess Over Customers
- Commit to Service
- Entrepreneurial spirit: Our team members act like entrepreneurs in that we are incredibly driven, agile, and goal-oriented, and are always up for a challenge.
Why You Should Join Us
- Results: Pillar4 has built the #1 digital media company in the sleep health and hygiene space and is profitably expanding into fitness, nutrition, and mental health verticals.
- Stability: We are privately owned, have a holding period of ‘forever,’ and have significant cash to invest.
- Exposure: You will have a front-row seat in growing a business. Your teammates have built and sold companies, managed hundreds of employees, and run campaigns with Fortune 500 brands.
- Market landscape: The $4 trillion health and wellness market is a highly relatable industry that is transforming. There’s no better time than now to be building a business in this space.
- Career growth: There is no cap on growth, promotions, or the opportunity to own and put your stamp on important projects. Prove your value and you will be rewarded accordingly.
- Learning: We are a mighty team with subject matter experts in creative, branding, content strategy, SEO, paid media, and more. The opportunity to grow new skills and learn from smart people is endless.
- Impact-focused: Opportunities to take part in our quarterly initiatives with organizations like Beds for Kids and The Green Chair Project and help respond to the critical needs of our local communities.
- Fun: The team has a high bar for excellence but also a real interest in each other and making work fun.
Base salary and performance-based bonus commensurate with experience. At Pillar4, you’ll have access to competitive benefits, including health insurance, 401k, a monthly wellness stipend for house cleaning, gym membership, grocery delivery or massages, and cell phone reimbursement.