Creating Peace of Mind by Pioneering Safety and Security
At Allegion, we help keep the people you know and love safe and secure where they live, work and visit. With more than 30 brands, 11,000+ employees globally and products sold in 130 countries, we specialize in security around the doorway and beyond.
Payroll Specialist-Remote Indiana-Remote Ohio-Remote Kentucky
(Preferred remote candidates in Ohio would be in the Cincinnati area and remote candidates in Kentucky would be in the Louisville area)
The Payroll Specialist will effectively participate in the ongoing processes required for the processing of payroll, as well as optimizing quality, effectiveness and cost of payroll operations. This position will partner with our third-party vendor processing payroll in Workday as well as support audits, acquisitions, and special projects. Ongoing responsibilities adding reimbursements to employees pay, union reporting including calculating reports, mailing reports and issuing check requests. Facilitate communications related to payroll issues. Assist with making necessary adjustments and working closely with Allegion HR teams and Field Managers to resolve payment and deduction issues.
What You Will Do
- Payroll processing for over 5,500 employees for Allegion’s North American business
- Union reporting and payment administration for US and Canadian unions
- Support certified payroll administration including responding to customer requests
- Provide excellent customer service to our employees and internal partners
- Audit and troubleshoot technical issues by utilizing pay data within Workday
- Deliver payroll related data to our internal business partners when needed via audit reports and research
- Partner with our Unemployment and Garnishment vendors to provide reports, upload data and resolve issues
- Responsible for pay adjustment processing including garnishments, union dues, charitable contributions and additional earnings
- Partner effectively with HR, IT, Finance and other functions to ensure appropriate flow of data and reporting
- Provide materials for internal and external auditors to ensure satisfaction of requirements requested
- Maintain required payroll information by utilizing record keeping systems
- Create and maintain department work instructions for the various payroll processes
- Participate in various modes of training and self-paced learning to maintain/enhance professional and technical knowledge
What You Need To Succeed
- Bachelor’s degree preferred, preferably in human resources, finance, or business.
- 3+ years of payroll administration required
- Proficiency with MS Office including Excel
- Understanding of compensation and wage structure
- Strong analytical, project management and problem resolution skills
- Must have effective decision-making/critical thinking skills
- Ability to work independently, collaborate, consult and partner with all levels and work well in a team environment
- Excellent interpersonal communications (verbal and written)
- Ability to multi-task, act with a sense of urgency and produce accurate results
- Strong working knowledge of applicable federal, state and local rules and laws
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality
- Workday and Kronos experience is preferred
Why Work For Us?
Allegion is a Great Place to Grow your Career if:
- You are seeking a rewarding opportunity that allows you to truly help others. With thousands of employees and customers around the world, there’s plenty of room to make an impact. As our values state, “this is your business, run with it”.
- You value personal well-being and balance, because we do too!
- You’re looking for a company that will invest in your professional development. As we grow, we want you to grow with us.
- You want a culture that promotes work-life balance. Our employees enjoy generous paid time off, because at Allegion we recognize that you have a full life outside of work!
What You’ll Get from Us:
- Health, dental and vision insurance coverage, helping you “be safe, be healthy”
- A commitment to your future with a 401(k) plan, offering a 6% company match and immediate vesting
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Voluntary benefits and employee discounts available
- Community involvement and opportunities to give back so you can “serve others, not yourself”
- Opportunities to leverage your unique strengths through CliftonStrengths testing and coaching