Escalent is an award-winning data analytics and advisory firm that helps clients understand human and market behaviors to navigate disruption. As catalysts of progress for more than 40 years, our strategies guide the world’s leading brands. We accelerate growth by creating a seamless flow between primary, secondary, syndicated, and internal business data, providing consulting and advisory services from insights through implementation. Based on a profound understanding of what drives human beings and markets, we identify actions that build brands, enhance customer experiences, inspire product innovation and boost business productivity. We listen, learn, question, discover, innovate, and deliver—for each other and our clients—to make the world work better for people.
Why Escalent? Once you join our team you will have the opportunity to…
- Access experts across industries for maximum learning opportunities including Weekly Knowledge Sharing Sessions, LinkedIn Learning, and more.
- Gain exposure to a rich variety of research techniques from knowledgeable professionals.
- Enjoy a remote first/hybrid work environment with a flexible schedule.
- Obtain insights into the needs and challenges of your clients—to learn how the world’s leading brands use research.
- Experience peace of mind working for a company with a commitment to conducting research ethically.
- Build lasting relationships with fun colleagues in a culture that values each person.
We are seeking a highly organized and detail-oriented part-time Payroll Specialist to join our team. The Payroll Specialist will be responsible for processing bi-weekly payroll for US and Canadian legal entities ensuring compliance with all applicable regulations, and providing excellent customer service to employees regarding payroll inquiries and issues. The ideal candidate has strong analytical skills, a solid understanding of payroll processes, and the ability to work collaboratively within the HR team.
This role will be 20 – 24 hours per week and is paid hourly. The hours worked would need to be during a typical workday, not nights. Our pay range is $25 – $28 per hour and this role will not be benefits-eligible. If this is not the right range for you, please check out our other openings.
- Process employee payroll accurately and in a timely manner for multiple legal entities with different payroll cycles
- Review and verify payroll data for each legal entity, ensuring accuracy and compliance with company policies and procedures
- Calculate and process adjustments, bonuses, commissions, and other payroll-related items for each legal entity
- Collaborate with the HR team to ensure accurate payroll records, including new hires, terminations, and changes in employees’ status for each legal entity
- Ensure compliance with all federal, state, and local payroll tax requirements
- Assist in preparing and analyzing payroll reports for each legal entity, including hours worked, taxes, and deductions
- Respond to employee inquiries and provide excellent customer service regarding payroll-related issues
- Work closely with the HR team to maintain the reputation of payroll accuracy and create efficiencies in the process
- Stay updated on changes in payroll laws, regulations, and trends to ensure compliance and inform process improvements
- Maintain personnel records and other payroll documentation in a confidential and organized manner
- Preferably 2 years of experience in payroll processing
- Strong understanding of payroll laws, regulations, and procedures for multiple legal entities
- Proficient in using payroll software, spreadsheet applications, and other relevant tools
- Exceptional attention to detail and accuracy in data entry and calculations
- Excellent time management and organizational skills, with the ability to prioritize and meet deadlines
- Strong analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work collaboratively within the HR team and across multiple legal entities
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and handle sensitive information with integrity
- Demonstrated commitment to providing exceptional customer service
- Experience with Paylocity
- Multi-state processing
- Canada processing