Working at Atlassian
Atlassians can choose where they work – whether in an office, from home, or a combination of the two. That way, Atlassians have more control over supporting their family, personal goals, and other priorities. We can hire people in any country where we have a legal entity. Interviews and onboarding are conducted virtually, a part of being a distributed-first company.
To help our teams work together, you will be located in one of the countries in Europe with an Atlassian presence.
This posting is only for remote work from the United Kingdom. If you’re looking for opportunities in other European countries, please apply for a different posting.
Your future team
We are looking for a dynamic professional with a product mindset to join our team. You should understand the value of empathizing with our users, identifying their needs, and translating them into solutions. While technical skills are important, it’s this combination of user empathy, strategic insight, and collaborative spirit that defines the product mindset we’re looking for.
Together with your squad and in the team, you’ll support the design, implementation, and maintenance of the Jira Product Discovery product. You will report to the Engineering Manager. We ask hard questions and challenge each other to constantly improve our work. We are driven but team-oriented. We know the importance of validating our assumptions about users and implementing several types of testing to prove assumptions right or wrong.
Our bottom line is improving our user’s experience – no matter what.
In this role, you will:
- Code, lots of it to make our services scale so that we can achieve our team goals.
- Extend existing architecture standards, and spars with other engineers towards the technical design review meetings to improve the architecture.
- Coach others how to apply architecture patterns common to the team.
- Feels and shows accountability for high-quality documentation and code reviews.
- Guard security as an important concern in all design and architecture discussions.
- Create an environment where failure is viewed as an opportunity.
- Encourage intelligent risks.
- Deliberately bring in diverse perspectives.
- Ensure that ideas are challenged respectfully.
- Experience taking ownership of features with medium to large running projects
- Love to feel the flow of fast development cycles and close collaboration with the PMs and designers
- Experience evaluating trade-offs between correctness, robustness, performance, and customer value
- Experience in writing services in Go-lang, or the willingness to transform yourselves into a Go-lang expert
- Experience contributing to codebase in ReactJS, TypeScript, or a basic experience in vanilla JS, but rather uses and contributes to existing libraries
- Experience with modern web architectures and distributed systems
Our Perks & Benefits
Atlassian offers a variety of perks and benefits to support you, your family and to help you engage with your local community. Our offerings include health coverage, paid volunteer days, wellness resources, and so much more.