Yahoo Mail is the ultimate consumer inbox with over 220 million users. It’s the best way to access your email and stay organized from a computer, phone or tablet. With its beautiful design and lightning fast speed, Yahoo Mail makes reading, organizing, and sending emails easier than ever.
A little about YAHOO!
Yahoo is a global media and technology company that connects people to their passions. We reach nearly 900M people around the world, bringing them closer to what they love – from mail, finance and sports, to shopping, news and entertainment – with trusted products, communication, content and tech that fuel their day.
A little about Us
The client experiences team develops products for Yahoo Mail on Android, iOS, and Web used by over 220 million users across 40 countries and 70 languages. Yahoo Mail continues to be one of the largest and most recognizable email services in the world. Delivering over 4.5B emails daily, and with consistently top-rated mobile apps, Yahoo Mail is a critical pillar in the company’s long-term growth strategy. You will join a team of engineers who strive to deliver our users best consumer mail experience and are willing to meticulously refine the details to achieve this goal.
A lot about You
You are passionate about growing your skills and value high quality application development on modern tech stack and cloud. You will enjoy building the next generation of communication products, web and mobile platforms. You are interested in how best to drive tasks to completion, collaborate to achieve your goals, think through scenarios and edge cases, learn from your leadership, and understand the broader impact of your work. If you are interested in joining a world-class team of passionate people and industry veterans who care about code quality, architecture, design and user experience as much as having fun together, then we’d like to talk to you.
- Responsible for the definition, design, development and timely completion of major new features in current and future products
- Performing code reviews for your peers where you will be learning from and contributing to a collaborative working model
- Tackling hard engineering and user experience problems and solving them in an elegant and seamless manner
- Taking ownership of features and areas of the web application that will impact millions of users.
- Working with engineering team members to explore and create interesting solutions while sharing knowledge amongst the team.
- Collaborating with user experience designers, product managers, and other engineers to deliver new features, enhancements, platform improvements and bug fixes
- Collaborate with other engineers to write testable, reliable code, continuously deploying to production systems
- Growing in a culture of learning through design discussions and code reviews
- Deploy, monitor and operate large scale production systems distributed across the globe
- Recommend alternative approaches to solving complex problems and use new technology to achieve goals
- BS in Computer Science (or equivalent) with 8+ year’s experience
- Strong foundation in Computer Science, with strong competencies in data structures, algorithms, and software design
- Expert in software development domain and principles, including design patterns, code structure, programming languages, continuous integration, and deployment architecture
- Experience with Web Technologies (Node, HTTP, JSON, Webpack)
- Experience with test driven development, unit test / UI test frameworks such as Jest / Selenium / WebdriverIO / Puppeteer / Cypress is an added advantage
- Expert knowledge of web application performance, stability and debugging
- Experience developing mail application
- Experience working in Unix/Linux environments
- Experience with mobile web development
- Experience with SCRUM or similar agile development methodology