At Webflow, our mission is to bring development superpowers to everyone. Webflow is the leading visual development platform for building powerful websites without writing code. By combining modern web development technologies into one platform, Webflow enables people to build websites visually, saving engineering time, while clean code seamlessly generates in the background. From independent designers and creative agencies to Fortune 500 companies, millions worldwide use Webflow to be more nimble, creative, and collaborative. It’s the web, made better.
The Product Design Director will lead multiple core product groups to drive innovation of Webflow’s products and platform —how users build power websites using visual development tools, scale design systems, and new emerging product categories. This role will play an integral part in how design shapes the future of Webflow’s product experience and work closely with other product design leaders.
About the role
- Location: Remote-first (United States; BC & ON, Canada)
- Our cash compensation amount for this role ranges from $191,000 – $263,000 for most US locations and $212,000 – $292,000 for US locations with a higher cost of labor. All figures cited above are in $USD and pertain to workers located in the United States. Pay is based on several factors including market location, and may vary depending on job related experience, knowledge, qualifications, and skills.
- Reporting to the Senior Director of Product Design
As a Product Design Director, you will …
- Lead product design strategy and manage outcomes for Webflow’s core visual development products. This is a senior role and you will be responsible for shaping and driving product success.
- Oversee product areas including Designer, CMS, Commerce Interactions, and emerging new product areas.
- Lead, mentor, and inspire members of your product design team by providing direction and leading high quality work from concept to production
- Partner closely with Directors of Engineering, Product, and Insights to develop the vision, strategy, and operations for your initiatives.
- Collaborate with other Design pillars leads on departmental programs to shape our culture internally and externally.
- Above all else, champion our customers through human-centered design practices and innovate on our product experience to solve their needs.
In addition to the responsibilities outlined above, at Webflow we will support you in identifying where your interests and development opportunities lie and we’ll help you incorporate them into your role.
You’ll thrive as a Product Design Director if you:
- Genuinely energized by software products that enable creativity, ingenuity, and empowerment for professionals of all scales.
- Have previous experience with technologies powering the web and creator tools.
- Have a bias towards action working on complex products at a high growth, scaling company.
- Aren’t afraid of sweating the details to ensure that the products that ship continuously exceed our customer’s expectations.
- Have demonstrated experience managing and developing seasoned, senior product designers in a remote environment.
- Care about the impact a high quality software experiences, and are comfortable with the business strategy side of things that drive real tangible growth.
- Strong written, verbal, and visual communication design skills.
- Also possess any one of these qualities: a growth mindset, motivated to make things better, comfortable with ambiguity, a love of craft, and optimistic about the future.
Even if you don’t meet 100% of the above qualifications, you should still seriously consider applying. Research shows that you may still be considered for a role if you meet just half of the requirements.
Our Core Behaviors:
- Obsess over customer experience. We deeply understand what we’re building and who we’re building for and serving. We define the leading edge of what’s possible in our industry and deliver the future for our customers.
- Move with heartfelt urgency. We have a healthy relationship with impatience, channeling it thoughtfully to show up better and faster for our customers and each other. Time is the most limited thing we have, and we make the most of every moment.
- Say the hard thing with care. Our best work often comes from intelligent debate, critique, and even difficult conversations. We speak our minds and don’t sugarcoat things — and we do so with respect, maturity, and care.
- Make your mark. We seek out new and unique ways to create meaningful impact, and we champion the same from our colleagues. We work as a team to get the job done, and we go out of our way to celebrate and reward those going above and beyond for our customers and our teammates.
Benefits & wellness
- Equity ownership (RSUs) in a growing, privately-owned company
- 100% employer-paid healthcare, vision, and dental insurance coverage for employees and dependents (US; full-time Canadian workers working 30+ hours per week), as well as Health Savings Account/Health Reimbursement Account, dependent on insurance plan selection. Employees also have voluntary insurance options, such as life, disability, hospital protection, accident, and critical illness
- 12 weeks of paid parental leave for both birthing and non-birthing caregivers, as well as an additional 6-8 weeks of pregnancy disability for birthing parents to be used before child bonding leave. Employees also have access to family planning care and reimbursement
- Flexible PTO with a mandatory annual minimum of 10 days paid time off, and a sabbatical program
- Access to mental wellness coaching, therapy, and Employee Assistance Program
- Monthly stipends to support health and wellness, as well as smart work, and annual stipends to support professional growth
- Professional career coaching, internal learning & development programs
- 401k plan and financial wellness benefits, like CPA or financial advisor coverage
- Commuter benefits for in-office workers