DESIGN LEAGUE – PRODUCT DESIGNER
About Design League
Design League is a VC-backed marketplace revolutionizing the way people plan and design events from start to finish, powered by a growing proprietary data set. We are currently at a critical stage – in private alpha and working to launch this year.
We are looking for an exceptional Product Designer to join our early-stage team. The right person will play a pivotal role in crafting and iterating on user-centric designs, specifically designing the user path for our platform from the beginning (conceptualizing an event) to end (wonderful celebrations).
About the Opportunity
We are seeking a Product Designer with a strong focus on designing exceptional user experiences – for both consumers and vendors – for our marketplace. As a Product Designer at Design League, you’ll have the opportunity to play a central role in the way we build technologies — ensuring they are valuable, easy to use and of the highest level of craft and execution. You’ll be involved in every aspect of the product development process, from brainstorming to tweaking pixels right before launch. We’ll expect you to utilize your full range of product design, interaction design and visual design skills, while contributing to high-level strategic decisions with engineering and executive partners.
- Take broad, conceptual ideas and turn them into something useful and valuable for our users
- Design flows and experiences that simplify and distill down complex actions into usable interfaces
- Continuously evolve and define our branding and visual design systems
- Own the design process end-to-end, ensuring user-centric solutions from concept to final UI/UX.
- Contribute to product strategic decisions around the future direction of Design League products
- Give and solicit feedback from the broader product, engineering and executive team to continually improve the experience
- Experience running user research studies to ensure that we deeply understand user challenges and goals
- 4+ years of experience building and shipping multiple features that are broad/ambiguous in scope and encompass an end-to-end experience across a variety of platforms.
- 4+ years of interaction design experience with knowledge to define how an experience should behave based on understanding people’s needs, plus consideration of how this product will scale. Use appropriate prototyping tools to demonstrate how a particular flow or interaction will work.
- 4+ years of visual design experience with proficiency in typography, desktop/mobile UI, color, layout, iconography and aesthetic sense and how these elements impact product function.
- 4+ years of strategic product thinking with experience in developing product goals, identifying opportunities, and making decisions based on the impact on people and the company.
- Marketplace experience is a plus.
- A self-starter with a positive and enthusiastic attitude.
- Someone with an interest in furthering our mission of empowering everyone to celebrate the special moments in their lives.
- This job is fully remote, although candidates in San Francisco will have the opportunity to work with the founders in person. Compensation commensurate with experience. We are open to how this role could be structured (contract basis or full time).