Who are we?
UpGuard’s mission is to protect the world’s data. We obsessively seek out elegant, robust ways to enable our customers to find, acknowledge, and remediate cyber risks. With UpGuard, organisations leverage our security expertise and software to automate what was once laborious, spreadsheet-driven processes–whether it’s monitoring the attack surface of hundreds of vendors or assessing the security of their own infrastructure. UpGuard is used by some of the world’s largest, fastest-growing, and most innovative companies.
Why are we hiring for this role?
Due to continued growth, the Customer Success team is expanding and we’re looking for another Renewals Specialist to join our high-performing team to drive customer retention and upsells. As a Renewals Specialist, you’ll report to the Renewals Manager and be responsible for managing and executing all contract renewals within your portfolio through strong relationship-building and customer service skills, to ensure high renewal rates and minimise churn.
What will you accomplish?
- Review and manage the contract renewal process for your portfolio.
- Ensure timely execution of renewals to avoid any lapses in contracts or services.
- Collaborate with sales and finance teams to ensure correct pricing and terms.
- Cultivate strong relationships with customers, understanding their needs and ensuring they derive maximum value from our offerings.
- Collaborate closely with Customer Success Managers to understand account health and preemptively address any potential issues early.
- Identify ‘at-risk’ renewals and collaborate with the respective internal teams to ensure measures are taken to prevent churn.
- Gather feedback from customers to understand reasons for non-renewal and share insights with internal teams for process improvement.
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date records within the company’s CRM.
- Provide regular renewal forecasts and updates to management.
- Identify opportunities for upselling and cross-selling and collaborate with sales and growth teams to drive additional revenue.
- Gather feedback and insights from the renewal process to continuously improve and optimise the renewal experience for both the customer and the company.
- Onboard new customers to ensure they are set for success.
What do we need from you?
- At least 2 years of technology-related renewals experience at a B2B SaaS company.
- You’re a consistent top performer and have a history of exceeding your targets.
- You’re an excellent negotiator with exceptional communication skills, both written and spoken.
- Demonstrated success with complex commercial and legal negotiations, working with procurement, legal, and business teams.
- Experience working with and managing partners.
- Customer-centric mindset with a passion for delivering value to clients.
- Strong organisational and time management abilities.
- Detail-oriented with the ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
What will give you an edge?
- Proven track record selling to companies in multiple industries and segments including C-level executives, is right in your comfort zone.
- Ability to work well in a team-oriented environment.
- Experience using a CRM such as Salesforce or HubSpot.
- Knowledge and understanding of the cybersecurity industry.
What’s in it for you?
- Remote Working: We focus on what you deliver, not where you deliver it from.
- Impact: Influence the direction and design of projects that push the boundaries of your field and see the impact of your work daily.
- Be part of an energetic team: Our team is highly collaborative, fostering a positive work environment that encourages creativity and innovation.
- We value work-life balance: We recognise the importance of maintaining balance and provide a supportive work environment that allows you to prioritise your personal life and well-being.
- Generous reward: We offer a competitive salary + equity.
- Great perks: You won’t find table tennis tables or office mandates – we prefer to offer perks that support your overall well-being – including a lifestyle allowance, well-being program, WFH budget, personal learning & development budget, generous leave benefits, and plenty more!