Rewiring America is the leading electrification nonprofit, focused on electrifying our homes, businesses, and communities. We develop accessible, actionable data and tools, and build coalitions and partnerships to make going electric easier for households and communities. Rewiring America helps Americans save money, tackle nationwide emissions goals, improve health, and build the next generation of the clean energy workforce. We believe in an abundant, flourishing, climate-safe future, and know that, together, we can realize one.
The Opportunity and Position Summary
The Rewiring America team continues to grow, which means we’re growing our digital product offerings to educate and inspire people on their electrification journeys! We need to ensure the complexities of electrification are both understandable and actionable to everyday Americans.
That’s where you come in. We are seeking an analytical and resourceful retention marketing manager to directly support our product, growth, and content teams as they work to bring planning tools, educational programs, and editorial products to consumers. This role reports to the Sr. Director, Brand Strategy & Operations.
The Retention Marketing Manager plays a critical role in the evolution of Rewiring America and joins a fast-paced team that operates with a sense of urgency and a track record of success in science, technology, business, policy and politics. They must have an insights-driven approach to audience engagement- we don’t fill inboxes without a strong rationale. We’re looking for someone who can work hand-in-hand with products to evaluate and identify consumer needs, and use those insights to unlock the growth flywheel.
Rewiring America has the opportunity to take our work to the next level and seeks a team member with ambition, vision, determination and the ability to work nimbly across departments with confidence and trust. This role requires curiosity, energy and adaptability. The selected candidate will also possess the following Core and Preferred qualifications:
What You’ll do
Complete a variety of project management activities, including but not limited to:
- Develop and implement strategies to scale the organization’s email and SMS programs.
- Manage the lifecycle of our consumer audiences, with input from our Product Managers, Digital Marketers, and Newsletters Editors.
- Analyze user data (acquisition channel, household attributes, geography, and motivations) to build audience segments; collaborate across teams to develop compelling and valuable content to grow them.
- Create engaging digital journeys to deepen engagement with Rewiring America technology & editorial products.
- Coordinate with design and editorial to create and optimize templates and landing pages.
- Create a testing roadmap and metrics-based approach to optimizing push campaigns across email and SMS.
- Continually optimize journeys to conversion-based KPIs (e.g. project completion, appliance installation, course enrollment).
- Design and deploy A/B tests that help us understand user motivations and needs, and use those results to inform reporting and optimization.
Who You Are
You will have most of the following education, experience, knowledge, skills, and ability. We encourage you to apply even if you don’t fit all of the criteria:
- Strong commitment to the mission, policies, and goals of Rewiring America.
- 5+ years of increasing responsibility in B2C retention marketing, with direct management and/or mentoring experience.
- Deep experience with Salesforce Marketing Cloud journey building, personalization, and optimization.
- Experience working with Looker and Amplitude, and basic ability to edit/update HTML.
- Passion for customer-centric marketing and developing journeys from scratch.
- Someone with a track record of building strong relationships with product teams, working together to better understand user needs and inform our engagement approach.
- Analytically inclined (you love metrics) with a proven track record of translating data insights into growth plans for non-technical peers and senior leaders.
- Demonstrated ability to think creatively and take action.
The salary range for this position is $90,000 – $120,000, commensurate to experience. Our comprehensive benefits package that includes 100% employer-paid health, dental, and vision insurance for employees (and their families). Employees are able to enroll in 401k retirement plan and are eligible for a 3% automatic contribution and up to a 3% employer match on 401k contributions. Employees are also eligible for pre-tax transportation benefits. Employees will receive 160 hours of vacation time, 80 hours of health leave, up to 2 days of casual leave, and 20 hours of volunteer leave annually. Employees will also receive 13 paid holidays throughout the calendar year. Employees are also provided with two additional days off during Presidential and Congressional elections. We have an office closure between Christmas and New Year. Regular, full-time employees and part-time employees are eligible for up to sixteen weeks of paid family and medical leave on day one of employment. We offer access to professional development resources.