Millions of people across the world come to Pinterest to find new ideas every day. It’s where they get inspiration, dream about new possibilities and plan for what matters most. Our mission is to help those people find their inspiration and create a life they love. In your role, you’ll be challenged to take on work that upholds this mission and pushes Pinterest forward. You’ll grow as a person and leader in your field, all the while helping Pinners make their lives better in the positive corner of the internet.
Creating a life you love also means finding a career that celebrates the unique perspectives and experiences that you bring. As you read through the expectations of the position, consider how your skills and experiences may complement the responsibilities of the role. We encourage you to think through your relevant and transferable skills from prior experiences.
Our new progressive work model is called PinFlex, a term that’s uniquely Pinterest to describe our flexible approach to living and working. Visit our PinFlex landing page to learn more.
Pinterest’s Editorial team spans 36 countries globally and is responsible for creating inspiring content experiences for Pinner audiences. The team acts as the connective tissue between a wide range of cross-functional campaigns within the product, making the work profoundly dynamic and fast-paced. As Senior Editor, you’ll own the content strategy for the North American market, curating best-in-class content to deepen engagement across our audience segments.
What You’ll Do:
- Shape and implement the overall editorial strategy across North America in alignment with Pinterest’s goals and target audience
- Oversee the development of innovative multi-channel, integrated campaign, content and editorial engagement strategies to drive success
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to plan, create and curate a wide range of content from Pinterest’s core verticals, including fashion, design, home decor, beauty, food and drinks, aesthetics and more
- Maintain editorial standards, ensuring content is accurate, engaging and aligns with the company’s brand and voice
- Monitor audience feedback and trends to refine content strategies and increase user engagement
- Leverage the global programming calendar to shape Pinterest’s content pipeline and ensure timely and consistent content publication
- Work closely with marketing, social, product and other teams to integrate editorial efforts into the overall content strategy
- Monitor and optimize content for SEO and utilize analytics to measure content performance and identify areas for improvement
- Keep abreast of cultural and audience trends, emerging technologies and best practices in content creation and distribution
- Execute partner content with a commerce-first mindset in order to drive mid- to low-funnel engagement
- Partner with cross-functional teams to develop unique collaboration opportunities with earned media outlets and talent collabs
What We’re Looking For:
- 5+ years of professional experience with in-depth knowledge of audience growth, content strategies, and insight analysis for multichannel editorial platforms
- Passion, energy and enthusiasm for editorial content, with knowledge of Pinterest both at a local and international level
- Impeccable verbal and written communication skills and an ability to communicate effectively both up and down, and across different departments
- A collaborative spirit, with the ability to build consensus around complex ideas and shifting priorities
- A passion for trendspotting and ability to roll out best-in-class content experiences at the speed of the consumer
- Broad knowledge of the retail landscape across North America (especially ecommerce)
- Ability to prioritize, multitask and stay organized in fast paced and dynamic environment— understanding how to iterate quickly on new ideas
- Experience establishing and operationalizing complex editorial calendars and content plans
- Familiarity with CMS applications and a solid knowledge of visual communication
- Experience tracking OKRs and translating insights to management with actionable recommendations to drive audience engagement
- Analytical mindset and the ability to use data to inform decisions and anticipate trends, especially with younger audiences (Gen Z)
- Proven track record for being a self-starter, solution-oriented strategic thinker and creative collaborator
- Committed to fostering an inclusive culture and embracing diversity of thought and experience
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field such as media, communications, journalism or equivalent experience
This position is not eligible for relocation assistance. Visit our PinFlex page to learn more about our working model.
At Pinterest we believe the workplace should be equitable, inclusive, and inspiring for every employee. In an effort to provide greater transparency, we are sharing the base salary range for this position. The position is also eligible for equity. Final salary is based on a number of factors including location, travel, relevant prior experience, or particular skills and expertise.
Information regarding the culture at Pinterest and benefits available for this position can be found here.
US based applicants only