🧠 About Cortex
Cortex is an internal developer portal built to accelerate the path to engineering excellence. Companies like Docker, TripAdvisor, and Dropbox use Cortex to catalog, score, and assign action to improve service quality and velocity, so devs can get back to work that drives the business forward.
We’re fully remote and welcome candidates from anywhere in the US! We have quarterly offsites where we fly the whole team out to meet in person, build stronger relationships, kick off important projects, and have fun!
🤝 The Team
We’re a small but mighty group of ~50 passionate individuals excited about building a product that developers love. We raised $35M in Series B Funding in 2023 led by IVP with Sequoia Capital and previously raised a series A co-led by Tiger Global and Sequoia Capital. You can read more about it here.
💼 Job Summary
We are seeking a Senior Frontend Engineer to join our team. As a Senior Frontend Engineer, you will be responsible for building high-performing, complex front-end components. You’ll have the opportunity to flex beyond the typical scope of a Frontend Engineer by improving our planning, development, deployment processes, and more.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years of professional experience in frontend engineering, with a focus on building modern and intuitive user interfaces
- Understanding of fundamental design principles around responsive and user-friendly applications
- Strong proficiency in modern frontend frameworks such as React, and experience with complex single-page applications
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills
- Strong communication and collaboration skills
- Ability to mentor and coach junior engineers
🌴 Perks & Benefits
- Competitive salary and equity/stock options
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vision, and life insurance benefits
- $400 monthly perks stipend
- 401k plan
- Unlimited PTO
- Gender-neutral parental leave
- Quarterly team retreats (previously San Francisco, Miami, Austin)
$135,000 – $200,000 a year