Clinigen is a rapidly growing global specialty pharmaceutical and services company with a unique combination of businesses. Our divisions operate in a complex global regulatory environment and ensure that vital medicines are delivered securely on time and wherever they are needed in the world.
We are currently 1,100 people headquartered in the UK with global offices in the US, EU, JAPAC and South Africa. Clinigen has grown rapidly and is positioned well for an exciting future of continued expansion.
We are currently seeking a detailed orientated, delivery focused and technically astute Senior IT Delivery Project Manager who will take on the responsibility of the direction, coordination, implementation, execution, control and completion of projects, while remaining aligned with strategy, commitments and goals of Clinigen. The Senior Project Manager will typically run the larger, more complex technology projects within Clinigen’s portfolio and provide oversight and guidance to smaller initiatives.
Please note this role can be performed remotely or in a hybrid setting if commutable to either our Weybridge or Burton offices.
- To follow, promote and enforce relevant SOPs, Job Aids, and Company policies and procedures.
- To take accountability for the successful delivery of major projects, by leading and driving the project delivery:
- Establishing and maintaining effective project controls.
- Organising and directing the project team.
- Effectively engaging the business, subcontractors, third parties and project stakeholders (up to and including the Executive team) throughout the duration of the project.
- Take responsibility of managing commercial arrangements with third parties engaged in the delivery of projects including commercial scoping, negotiation, tracking and dispute resolution as required.
- Maintain a clear understanding of, and regularly reporting, project progress, plans, dependencies, risk, and status clearly and accurately, escalating appropriately through the IT Delivery management chain when necessary.
- Manage multiple projects within a portfolio, multiple projects with competing priorities and/or manage a programme of work encapsulating numerous workstreams.
- Supervise project managers/workstream leads on larger, more complex projects as required.
- Deputise for the Head of IT Delivery as required.
- Work closely with Central PMO and Business Project Managers/Leads to ensure project outcomes are achieved.
- Manage all aspects of the project lifecycle for projects that are largely IT centric.
- Must have significant relevant experience in IT Delivery roles, including experience in 24/7 high-availability multi-site enterprise ERP environment.
- Has operated as a Senior PM, being responsible for the delivery of multiple complex projects, and supervision of a PM team.
- Working knowledge of Oracle and Microsoft stacks.
- Working knowledge of and accreditation to recognised industry qualification (e.g. PRINCE2, ‘‘Agile’’ project management, SCRUM, APM etc.).
- Knowledge and experience of working within a DevOps/Continuous Delivery framework through the Software Development Lifecycle
- Understanding and practical experience in application of IT testing lifecycle management
- Exposure to ITIL concepts and adoption to ensure effective handover to BAU operations.
- Experience with regulatory compliance issues, as well as best practices in application and network security.
- Experience of working in the pharmaceutical or similarly regulated markets is desirable.
- Willing and able to travel in the UK as required.
- Willing and able to occasionally work outside core hours in support of successful project delivery.
- May occasionally be required to travel internationally.
- 27 days holiday, plus bank holidays
- Discretionary Bonus
- Pension contributions & Life Assurance scheme
- Flexible Benefits Platform with £25/month Company contribution
- Annual salary review
- Independent financial advice service
- Enhanced Employee Assistance Programme
- Shopping discounts with retailers
- Long service awards
- Recognition scheme & employee of the year awards