About the team
The Editor team (Editor Core and Renderer) is responsible for the core of VEED’s product offering — our video editor. We own the full editing process, from when the user first uploads a video all the way through to when they export the final result, and we sweat the details in every part of that journey.
We’re a group of passionate people committed to quality, collaboration & innovation — we believe that anybody can create amazing videos, and we’re working towards that vision by building a video editor that’s as beginner-friendly as possible, but also flexible enough that our power-users can create exactly what they imagine.
About the role
As a Product Manager in the Editor team, you will play a critical role in shaping VEED’s video editor. In this role, you will work closely with a cross-functional team to bring new and innovative products to our amazing users and the world. You will be driving all the stages of product development, from research all the way through to execution and release.
You will work closely with the product leadership and fully own the product vision for the video editor by leading strategic discussions, brainstorming sessions, and decision-making processes. You’ll collaborate with the other product teams also working on the video editor (Subtitles, Script & AI teams) as well as teams across the company to ensure we’re building a cohesive product.
As a leader, you’ll need to keep the team moving fast and focused on success. You’ll need to be able to balance speed and agility, ensuring that the team experiments, learns, and repeats quickly. Your prioritization skills will be key in helping the team reach its ambitious goals.
What you will do
- Lead the Core Editor and Renderer teams, taking full ownership of the product and its success.
- Get to know our users deeply, and empathize with their needs.
- Leverage qualitative and quantitative insights to inform decision-making in a fast-paced environment.
- Conduct in-depth market research into the video editing and creative tools market to inform product strategy and roadmap.
- Stay up-to-date with the latest trends and developments in the video, generative AI, and wider content creation space. Create videos weekly using VEED and other creative tools and communicate through them as one of the main mediums.
- Work closely with Product Managers, Product Designers and Engineering Managers in a cross-functional team environment to define and prioritize features and improvement initiatives, manage the product backlog, and facilitate smooth product releases.
- Champion product quality, working closely with the engineers and product designers to ensure that the tools deliver reliable and high-quality results.
- Collaborate with other teams, including Monetization, Acquisition, Activation, Content Design, and Marketing teams to deliver products that meet the needs of both our users and the market.
- Stay ahead of the curve and be prepared to scale both the product and the team. Keep a finger on the pulse of the team’s needs and take the lead on hiring initiatives.
- You’re excited about creative tools. Ideally, you have experience managing creative tools (video, audio, or image-based), and/or you’re passionate about building flexible solutions that can unlock users’ creativity.
- You have a proven track record in product management and have solved tough challenges before.
- You are an excellent communicator. You can communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical stakeholders, and have the ability to translate complex ideas into simple and actionable plans.
- You are curious about AI. You have a high-level understanding of AI technologies and how they can be applied to video editing.
- You use data daily and can use it to inform most of your decisions.
- You’re a team player. You love to collaborate with your cross-functional peers to shape and ship new ideas and concepts to millions of users.
- You have a growth mindset. You are looking for new ideas, open to feedback, and happy to improve things along the way.
What we offer
- Flexible working hours: We value work-life balance highly!
- Fully remote culture: Work remotely, work from home with your dog, or in a cafe. Our entire team is remote and has always been.
- Monthly Subsidy Programme: Different people have different needs and therefore value different benefits. Providing this as a subsidy allows you to have the greatest flexibility to apply to what you value most – whether that be to offset the cost of a co-working space, office furniture, childcare, gym membership, etc.
- Unlimited paid holidays: We value that you get more time with your family and friends.
- Home office set-up: We have an IT Equipment program to make sure your home office is adequately setup with IT equipment including laptops, monitors, headsets/earbuds, keyboards and more!
- Mental Health Benefit: We’ve partnered with Spill to provide all our employees with confidential mental health support.