Clover is reinventing health insurance by working to keep people healthier.
We value diversity — in backgrounds and experiences. Healthcare is a universal concern, and we need people from all backgrounds and swaths of life to help build the future of healthcare. Clover’s engineering team is empathetic, caring, and supportive. We are deliberate and self-reflective about the engineering team and culture that we are building, seeking engineers who are not only strong in their aptitudes but care deeply about helping each other’s growth.
As a Senior Security Engineer, you will forge and nurture trusted relationships with internal technology teams (Software Engineering, SRE, DS/ML, Product) and external customers (e.g., payers, accountable care organizations, integrated delivery networks). You will partner closely with the entire technology organization to architect, design, implement, and maintain system security and controls. This role will be an expert who understands the needs of software development, technical system design, and data/information security.
As a Senior Security Engineer, you will:
- Serve as a SME for security related code and technical design reviews.
- Identify and collaborate with eng and SRE to resolve areas of security vulnerability in our software, systems and infrastructure.
- Serve as security point-of-contact for audit/certification programs such as HITRUST, SOC 2, and HIPAA
- Assess and improve systems for compliance with security requirements, policies, guidelines and standards (see above)
- Interface with external customers on CA security reviews and assessments
- Monitor and regularly review our system for intrusions, threats, and anomalies
- Work to improve our general security posture and processes ranging from secure development practices to SecDevOps
- Lead the planning, definition and implementation of new security solutions or related development
You will love this job if:
- You are passionate about transforming healthcare delivery through new technologies and want to make an impact.
- You have a bias toward action and seek to intervene before issues arise.
- You are comfortable navigating ambiguity and working in an evolving environment.
- You are a problem solver and a team player. You love working within teams and helping them work more efficiently.
- You are a strong communicator and able to influence behaviors to help drive desired outcomes.
- You are empathetic and seek to build enduring relationships with our customers and users.
- You are analytical and use data to drive actions and evaluate outcomes.
You should get in touch if:
- You have strong knowledge and experience with software engineering, web services, APIs and cloud environments.
- You have assessed the security of APIs and systems by analyzing authentication, authorization mechanisms, input validation, and potential vulnerabilities.
- You have excellent written and verbal communication skills and are able to craft clear and comprehensive reports and research to present to engineering and other stakeholders.
- You are able to think strategically while also managing work tactically.
- You work autonomously but know when to inform, involve, or escalate topics or decisions.
- You stay up-to-date with latest research on threats, attack vectors, and security trends and are keen to apply them to our environment
- You demonstrate influence and are able to lead/mentor internal teams and customers toward shared goals and objectives.