Location: Remote, UK
This position is a one-year, fixed-term contract (maternity coverage for UK employees)
At Wiley, we welcome you for who you are, the background you bring, and embrace individuals who get excited about learning whether online or by book. Learning is for everyone, and so is our workplace. Bring your experiences, your perspectives, and your passion. It’s in our differences that we empower the way the world learns.
As Maternity Cover for the role of Social Media, Senior Manager, you will play a pivotal role in enhancing our online presence and fostering meaningful relationships with our audience across business segment accounts and corporate brand accounts. The ideal candidate is passionate about social media, possesses exceptional communication skills, and has a proven track record of successfully engaging and growing communities on various social media platforms. This role partners with stakeholders in the business to build successful social campaigns and ensure organic social strategies support and align with marketing and business objectives. As a Social Media, Senior Manager specializing in community management, you will play a significant role in building and executing strategies to cultivate an engaged and loyal community of followers across our business segment accounts and corporate brand accounts. Your primary focus will be on establishing authentic interactions with our audience, increasing brand awareness, driving engagement, and leveraging user-generated content to promote positive sentiment and advocacy.
How you will make an impact:
- Help build and deliver social strategies for subject and brand-level social accounts
- Define the content plan in collaboration with brand and other social team members to tell the Wiley and seeker stories
- Oversee and allocate campaigns level content across the team (includes Journal Spotlight campaigns)
- Shape the development and implementation of social growth tactics including followers, interactions, and content development in collaboration with the Social Media Assoc.Director and Social Content Manager
- Collaborate with key stakeholders to ensure Wiley social accounts align with strategic objectives, acting as a core point of contact.
- Partner with social account leads and Social Content Manager to source and execute on content for Corporate and Wiley in Research social channels
- Ensure the branding/voice of social media outlets are cohesive with other channels and initiatives.
- Social account management – including inbox monitoring, community engagement, adapting campaign content for social, reviewing and approving draft social content
- Create content and campaigns, including text posts, link posts, video, threads and images for social media
- Support projects as required by team as defined by the Associate Director of Social Strategy and Operations, including but not limited to: Strategy development, brand protection, employee advocacy, audit implementation, exploration of new platforms, trends, escalations.
We are looking for:
- 3+ years’ experience in Social media, networking or marketing
- Experience of Hootsuite, Adobe Analytics, Google Analytics, Salesforce.
- Analytical-minded and well-versed with social analytical tools and reporting
- Must be a “self-starter” with the ability to excel in a fast-paced environment with minimal supervision
- Ability to utilize knowledge of competitive market dynamics, emergent and disruptive technologies and unmet customer needs to develop digital product strategies which accelerate the growth, efficiency and competitiveness of the business or function
- Demonstrates knowledge of current industry practices, trends, and opportunities
- Excellent written, verbal and presentational communication skills
We are in one of the most dynamic periods in our history as technology, globalism and economic diversity create farreaching changes in the world. As a learning business, Wiley makes meaningful contributions to research discovery and lifelong learning by helping organizations achieve their goals and people achieve success from education through their career. We may have been founded over two centuries ago, but our secret to success remains the same: change with the times and adapt to meet the ever-evolving needs of our customers. The company’s headquarters are located in Hoboken, New Jersey, with operations in the U.S., Europe, Asia, Australia, and Canada.