We’re forward-thinking technology people with heart. We make our own rules, drive our own opportunities, and try to approach every challenge with fresh eyes. Of course, we can’t do it alone. We know when to ask for help, collaborate with others, and partner with smart people. We embrace diversity and openness because it’s in our DNA. We push limits and reward great ideas. What is your great idea?
“At NetApp, we fully embrace and advance a diverse, inclusive global workforce with a culture of belonging that leverages the backgrounds and perspectives of all employees, customers, partners, and communities to foster a higher performing organization.” -George Kurian, CEO
NetApp is looking for a Principal/Senior Product Manager to join the product management team, with a deep background in data center solutions including security, networking, enterprise databases, and hybrid cloud. The ideal candidate will bring strong technical and business acumen and have experience working with technology partners to build solutions that incorporate enterprise applications as part of an end-to-end infrastructure strategy in today’s dynamic IT environment.
The Principal/Senior Product Manager is an individual contributor role, reporting to the Director of Product Management. In this position, the successful candidate will work closely with the product leadership teams, NetApp technology partners, NetApp channel partner community, sales, technical marketing/marketing and Support teams to support a key segment of NetApp’s enterprise storage business.
- Gather, validate, and evaluate product/market requirements through market and customer research, competitive and product research involving customer visits, advisory councils, industry events, analyst relationships, etc.
- Work with customers to understand their pain points and document feature requirements that address their business needs.
- Work with NetApp technology partners to design and launch solutions that facilitate more effective deployment and management of applications and infrastructure in customer environments.
- Work with GTM teams to create customer facing collateral, launch materials, and participate in other activities to evangelize product and solution.
- Specify technical requirements, develop roadmap, and provide technical direction to Engineering for building solutions and product integrations.
- Execute product vision, direction, and business plans, including product plans/roadmaps, product evolution and product lifecycle process
- Define and track key performance indicators (KPIs) and metrics to understand business trends and the impact of product and GTM initiatives.
- 10+ years of product management, product marketing, or related relevant experience in enterprise IT
- 5+ years of experience in enterprise storage and data management, familiarity with NetApp and competitors is a plus
- Experience in defining product line roadmap and strategy
- Inbound and outbound product management experience
- Proven leadership in working cross functionally with development, sales, and marketing teams
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with the ability to influence others internally and externally
- Ability to analyze data, problem-solve, and scope business requirements
- Detailed knowledge and recent experience in enterprise security
- Experience with datacenter networking
- Experience with enterprise database applications