Millions of people across the world come to Pinterest to find new ideas every day. It’s where they get inspiration, dream about new possibilities and plan for what matters most. Our mission is to help those people find their inspiration and create a life they love. In your role, you’ll be challenged to take on work that upholds this mission and pushes Pinterest forward. You’ll grow as a person and leader in your field, all the while helping Pinners make their lives better in the positive corner of the internet.
Creating a life you love also means finding a career that celebrates the unique perspectives and experiences that you bring. As you read through the expectations of the position, consider how your skills and experiences may complement the responsibilities of the role. We encourage you to think through your relevant and transferable skills from prior experiences.
Pinterest is one of the fastest-growing online advertising platforms. Continued success depends on the machine-learning systems, which crunch thousands of signals in a few hundred milliseconds, to identify the most relevant ads to show to pinners. You’ll join a talented team with high impact, which designs high-performance and efficient ML systems, to power the most critical and revenue-generating models at Pinterest.
What you’ll do:
- Make a significant contribution to building next-generation model inference and feature serving systems for Pinterest ads which powers 100x bigger models.
- Opportunities to use cutting-edge ML technologies including GPU and LLMs to empower 100x bigger models in the next 3 years.
- Tons of ambiguous problems and you will be tasked with building 0 to 1 solutions for all of them.
What we’re looking for:
- BS (or higher) degree in Computer Science, or a related field.
- 7+ years of relevant industry experience in leading the design of large-scale & production ML infra systems.
- Deep knowledge of at least one state-of-art programming language (Java, C++, Python).
- Deep knowledge of building distributed systems or recommendation infrastructure.
- Strong communicator and collaborative team player.
- [Preferred] Hands-on experience with at least one modeling framework (Pytorch or Tensorflow).
- [Preferred] Hands-on experience with model/hardware accelerator libraries (Cuda, Quantization).