This position is needed to project or program manages strategic initiatives across the Twilio Digital Services & Security (DS&S) project portfolio by helping guide project teams to deliver project value to the Twilio enterprise.
In this role, the Staff, Technical Program Manager will manage multiple projects from ideation through completion, including planning, implementation, delivery and support. This role will be a part of the DS&S Project Management Office (PMO) which is responsible for creating and maintaining operational and process rigor via a scalable and well-structured project management approach. The Staff, Technical Program Manager will be responsible for supporting and enabling our cross-functional teams to execute initiatives with increased quality, velocity, and value.
In this role, you’ll:
- Project manage strategic and simultaneous project initiatives, working alongside members of the DS&S team and other cross-functional Twilio teams (People Operations, Information Security, Controllership, R&D, Legal, and Procurement) to ensure all projects are delivered on time, within scope and budget.
- Leverage Project Management (including SAFe and Agile) mindset and principles throughout the project lifecycle to drive the team towards best practices and value-driven project delivery.
- Ensure stakeholder satisfaction by providing status and monitoring of project progression and performance.
- Manage risk and issues during project execution and lead the team to remove impediments promptly.
- Drive decision-making by communicating goals and objectives; run productive, and impartial meetings to ensure implementation or closure of actions.
Not all applicants will have skills that match a job description exactly. Twilio values diverse experiences in other industries, and we encourage everyone who meets the required qualifications to apply. While having “desired” qualifications make for a strong candidate, we encourage applicants with alternative experiences to also apply. If your career is just starting or hasn’t followed a traditional path, don’t let that stop you from considering Twilio. We are always looking for people who will bring something new to the table!
- 6-8 years of project management experience across the project lifecycle for process improvement, policy, information security domains, application, software/hardware implementation, or network projects.
- Experience working with Agile projects and an understanding of SAFe methodologies.
- Ability to manage multiple project initiatives to execute and deliver on project-level tasks.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and experience applying these to stakeholder communications.
- Demonstrated success with structured change management, problem-solving, process re-engineering, business analysis, and IT governance and compliance.
- Bachelor’s degree, Master’s degree or equivalent experience
- Project Management or Agile Certification (PMP, SAFe, CSM, Six Sigma)
- Experience project managing Enterprise applications and tools such as Oracle, SailPoint, Okta, Atlassian
- Experience designing and deploying initiatives or programs that drive organizational efficiencies, growth and value
This role will be located in the UK or Ireland.
Approximately 10% of travel is anticipated.