American College of Education
As a Student Success Coach, you are responsible for providing student support to American College of Education’s students. You are directly responsible for the retention and outreach of an assigned student population and work collaboratively with Enrollment, Admissions, Registration, and Academics to ensure all questions or concerns are addressed. You provide technical support throughout the student life-cycle from enrollment through graduation.
Who is American College of Education
Founded in 2005, American College of Education continues to be a leader in professional development through our online programs. The mission of ACE is to deliver high-quality, affordable, and accessible online programs grounded in evidence-based content, real-world experience and relevant applications that place our students’ needs first.
ACE is a premier organization that is continually recognized for its commitment to social responsibility. In 2016, ACE became a Certified B Corporation. As a socially conscious institution, we believe we have a responsibility to our students, alumni, employees, local communities, and society. We strive to make an impact in the world that goes well beyond our bottom line.
Who You Are
You are passionate about helping students achieve their educational goals. You thrive in a competitive and collaborative team environment. You are comfortable working remotely and can effectively collaborate with others in a virtual environment. You possess a proven attention to detail.
As a Student Success Coach, you are responsible for providing student support to American College of Education’s students. You are directly responsible for retention and outreach of an assigned student population and work collaboratively with Enrollment, Admissions, Registration, and Academics to ensure all questions or concerns are addressed. You provide technical support throughout the student life-cycle from enrollment though graduation.
ACE is committed to paying a competitive wage while staying true to our mission of maintaining high quality, affordable programs for our students. The starting hourly rate is $23.00, plus all full time employees are eligible for an annual bonus. Offers vary depending on education, prior experience, and expertise being applied to the role.
What We Look for in the Ideal Candidate
- Demonstrates self-reliance by meeting/exceeding workflow needs.
- Demonstrates positive attitude and motivation, concern for students, teamwork, and excellent time management skills.
- Follows established processes as outlined by organization and leadership.
- Completes assigned duties based on daily business needs and individual skill set.
- Consistently produces a high volume of quality work.
- Capable, and adapts as needed, to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines.
- Proven ability to work independently with limited supervision and with other department personnel.
- Must support and embrace the College’s B Corp mission to improve the people and communities we serve through our civic engagement initiatives.
- Must have exceptional communication, organization, and time management skills.
- Must be “self-motivated” as well as creative and efficient in proposing solutions to complex, time-critical problems.
- Must be collaborative in driving decisions and be a team-player.
- Must have proven analytical and problem-solving skills with a high attention to detail.
- Builds and maintains student satisfaction.
- Recognizes and anticipates student needs.
Day to Day Responsibilities
In this role you will wear different hats, but your skills will be essential in the following areas:
- Provides student support throughout the student life cycle from Enrollment through Graduation.
- Provides technical support associated with MyACE Portal, Canvas, ACE email, and the ACE mobile app.
- Accountable for onboarding activities for new and re-entry students.
- Directs students to financing options and assists with finance/payment related questions.
- Maintains proactive contact strategies with individual students to assist them with strategies for success at ACE.
- Responds to inbound student inquiries immediately and provides assistance to students with any program or success related questions or challenges.
- Maintains knowledge of programs offered, policies and processes to support the student life-cycle.
- Manages at-risk students and provides outreach and support.
- Accountable for the expectations outlined in the Student Success Coach Expectation Policy.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- A Bachelor’s degree is required.
- Customer service experience required.
- Excellent presentation skills both verbal and written.
- Ability to develop professional rapport with students.
- Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines; displays a high level of accuracy.
- Knowledge of MS Office: Word, Excel, and Outlook.
Our Commitment to Employees
Just as we strive to empower our students for success, we also aim to enrich the lives of our employees. For five years, ACE has received recognition as one of Indiana’s Best Places to Work, winning the #1 spot for medium-sized companies in 2020. As a virtual first organization, we celebrate diversity and are committed to creating a family-like inclusive work environment. For our full-time employees, we offer the following benefits:
- Medical, dental, & vision Insurance
- HSA and FSA options
- Paid parental leave
- Paid volunteer time
- Tuition reimbursement & reduction programs
- Generous PTO
- 401k and employer match
- Full-service wellness and EAP program
- Employee recognition and awards programs
- Employer paid life & AD&D insurance
- Short-term disability
- Employer paid long-term disability
- And more…