Bullhorn is the global leader in software for the staffing industry. After more than 20 years, more than 10,000 companies rely on Bullhorn’s cloud-based platform to power their staffing processes from start to finish. Led by the original co-founder, partnered with venture capital, and powered by seasoned leaders across a global workforce with an eye toward innovation, Bullhorn has had year-over-year growth, making it the market leader in the recruitment software space while allowing for new opportunities for over 29% of our employees to advance their careers in the past 12 months.
We are a remote-first organization and over 38% of our employees reside outside the United States. Headquartered in Boston, we also have offices in London, Brighton, Rotterdam, Frankfurt and Sydney (just in case you’re in the area to stop by). Whether you’re local or remote, our vision is to ensure every employee has a sense of belonging, a voice that is heard, and a clear path for success. Your incredible experience as an employee will consist of flexible work hours to ensure a positive work-life balance and use Zoom, Slack, and other tools to stay connected.
About the role
Reporting to our Systems Operations Manager, our Systems Administrator I will be responsible for managing and operating products and solutions for Bullhorn’s production environment while ensuring 24/7 availability. The position will require proven technical experience with a strong foundation in operating systems and networking skills along with a positive attitude.
A typical day will include
- Monitoring and maintaining all production system equipment and services.
- Ensuring 24/7 availability of the Bullhorn production application environments. This will include weekend on-call responsibilities on a rotating basis.
- Documenting technical environments, processes and procedures.
- Providing direct support to Software Development, Quality Engineering, Customer Support, Professional Services and third-party vendors as needed to resolve production problems.
- Maintaining network and systems configurations globally across numerous data centers.
- Developing system analysis and reporting tools and tools for task automation.
- Participating in the planning and execution of new product deployment and enhancement projects, ensuring preparedness in servicing the product.
This job might be for you if
- You have experience with systems administration, as well as hardware and software troubleshooting
- You have strong Linux skills (Redhat/CentOS, Debian)
- You have Windows server administration skills
- You have experience with Java-based applications running within Wildfly/Tomcat
- You have proficiency in scripting languages such as Python, Powershell, Bash
- You have previous experience in a SaaS and/or high-volume website environment preferred
- You have experience in automation and managing large server environments
- You have previous on-call experience
Bonus Points for
- LDAP/Kerberos authentication against Microsoft Active Directory
- SAN and NAS technologies (iSCSI, FCP, CIFS, NFS, etc)
- Open Source Project experience
What we offer…
- Commuting Reimbursements
- Unlimited Vacation
- Full Access to LinkedIn Learning
- Quarterly paid volunteer days
- Lucrative Employee Referral Program (eligible for before your first day)
- Career development opportunities up/across Bullhorn