We are looking to bring in someone who can serve as a Tech Lead for the Reporting & Tax organization to help us achieve our mission.
- Set the technical strategy & drive the long term architecture of Reporting & Tax platform
- Work with engineering/product/design leaders to build the architectural vision and strategy, communicate with them to ensure alignment, and collaborate closely with the teams to bring it to fruition
- Maintain a high degree of situational awareness across teams and projects to identify the highest priorities and mitigate key risks
- Evangelize rituals to facilitate knowledge sharing, upleveling rigor in building software and modeling positive examples.
- Grow technical leaders by providing opportunities to others, and mentoring people for success
- Build and maintain relationships with stakeholders and peers from other teams across organizations; represent the team at stakeholder meetings
- Passion for Square’s mission
- Experienced at delivering impact in a technical leadership role at a similar organizational scale.
- Track record of leading complex initiatives that transform the existing infra into a scalable infrastructure by carefully balancing new platform development with operating existing infrastructure.
- Collaborated with cross-functional teams in defining product / technical & execution strategy
- Demonstrated the ability to effectively influence stakeholders and lead without authority
- Upleveled teammates through advising, mentoring, and sponsorship
- 8+ years of experience in building and releasing software
- Familiarity with building large scale near real time reporting/analytical solutions
- (Optional) Familiarity with point-of-sale or payment API platforms (e.g. Shopify, Stripe)
Full-time employee benefits include the following:
- Healthcare coverage (Medical, Vision and Dental insurance)
- Health Savings Account and Flexible Spending Account
- Retirement Plans including company match
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness programs, including access to mental health, 1:1 financial planners, and a monthly wellness allowance
- Paid parental and caregiving leave
- Paid time off (including 12 paid holidays)
- Paid sick leave (1 hour per 26 hours worked (max 80 hours per calendar year to the extent legally permissible) for non-exempt employees and covered by our Flexible Time Off policy for exempt employees)
- Learning and Development resources
- Paid Life insurance, AD&D, and disability benefits