Work From Home
We’re looking for someone who is excited about solving tough problems and enjoys helping others work through complex technical issues. You’re a strong communicator to both technical and non-technical audiences via phone or email and you’re able to empathize with frustrated customers from all backgrounds. You enjoy collaborating with colleagues on your team, helping them with the day-to-day challenges and can contribute ideas on how to improve the team’s work.
You should have a firm understanding of the technology stacks common to the Web ecosystem and experience in a telecom environment. You’ve got strong time management skills, and are efficient at getting work done in a dynamic work environment while still following standard processes and procedures.
Twilio operates a 24×7 support model so the ability to work weekends and holidays (as needed) may be required.
In this role, you’ll:
- WEAR THE CUSTOMER’S SHOES: Use your strong technical and diplomatic skills to address customer issues and provide customer feedback to Twilio’s Product and Engineering teams.
- DRAW THE OWL: Identify ways to improve existing processes and procedures
- EMPOWER OTHERS: You will work cross-functionally with Engineering, Product Management and Sales. Occasionally you will work with similar cross-functional teams from partner organizations.
- NO SHENANIGANS: Ensure Support SLAs and CSAT goals are consistently met and ticket queues are well managed.
- BE AN OWNER: You will interact, collaborate and network with other departments in Twilio in your search for solutions that our customers need.
Not all applicants will have skills that match a job description exactly. Twilio values diverse experiences in other industries, and we encourage everyone who meets the required qualifications to apply. While having “desired” qualifications make for a strong candidate, we encourage applicants with alternative experiences to also apply. If your career is just starting or hasn’t followed a traditional path, don’t let that stop you from considering Twilio. We are always looking for people who will bring something new to the table!
- 5+ years of Past telecom experience, including troubleshooting SMS issues.
- Ability to address customer concerns and provide feedback in a friendly, diplomatic and empathetic way; you treat customer problems like your own.
- Ability to help, train and mentor team-members, and advise on improvements for our Programmable Messaging product.
- Ability to make sound decisions quickly and efficiently.
- Experience with troubleshooting and resolving QoS (Quality of Service) issues, including escalations to third parties.
- Strong knowledge of RESTful API’s with the ability to understand and troubleshoot issues with cloud solutions.
- Skilled in troubleshooting network connectivity issues, with an understanding of TCP/UDP, and basics of SSL/TLS.
- Native or business-level proficiency (JLPT – N2 and above) in Japanese is required for this role.
- Experience working collaboratively with team members in different geographic locations and time zones.
- Advanced time management skills, ability to work well under pressure, and proficiency at developing workflows to increase troubleshooting efficiency while still following standard processes and procedures.
- Ability to influence and build effective working relationships with all levels of the organization.
- Interest in utilizing customer feedback to identify and drive improvements in our products.
This position can be based in Singapore (Native Japanese), Japan (locals only).