GetSetUp is on a mission to help those over 55 learn new skills, connect with others, and unlock new life experiences. We are helping to create a world where active agers have the skills, opportunities, confidence, and connections to live their happiest, healthiest lives.
Since our founding, GetSetUp has grown to over two million registered users. The platform offers peer-to-peer interactive programming taught by experts in their field, social hours hosted by community members, and special events with speakers who directly address areas of interest to older adults. We’ve grown to over 100 team members spread across the world with core teams in the U.S. and India.
We partner with organizations that have a mission and focus on helping active agers thrive. This includes state and local government agencies, health plan providers, community organizations, care providers, and health systems.
Summary of Role
We are seeking a dedicated and empathetic Technology Support Specialist to join our team. The ideal candidate will play a crucial role in providing technical support to older adults, fostering a sense of empowerment and confidence in using technology, specifically on the GetSetUp website. The Technology Support Specialist will be responsible for delivering over-the-phone tech onboarding sessions for iPads and Chromebooks, and monitoring the tech support queue in Zendesk for incoming chats, calls, and emails.
This role is temporary, fully remote and part time, with a projected 6 month engagement timeline. It is expected that candidates are available for a shift M-F between the hours of 10:00 AM – 3:00 PM PST / 1:00 PM – 6:00 PM EST, with a maximum of 29 hours per week. Older adults that can relate to our learners are strongly encouraged to apply!
Over-the-Phone Tech Onboarding:
- Conduct outgoing outreach calls to assist older adults with tech onboarding(focusing on iPads and Chromebooks) to address queries, and facilitate sign-ups for GetSetUp.
- Provide step-by-step guidance to ensure users feel comfortable navigating the GetSetUp website and utilizing its features.
Empowerment and Confidence Building:
- Foster a positive and empowering environment for older adults, instilling confidence in their ability to use technology independently.
- Tailor support to individual needs, considering varying levels of tech literacy.
- Monitor the Zendesk queue for incoming chats, calls, and emails.
- Prioritize and respond to technical support inquiries promptly and professionally.
- Troubleshoot technical issues, guiding users through solutions and providing clear instructions.
- Collaborate with the Support team to escalate and resolve complex issues.
- Maintain accurate records of support interactions in Zendesk, documenting issues and resolutions.
- Contribute to the creation of user-friendly guides and FAQs to assist users in self-service.
Experience and Requirements
- Previous experience in technical support or customer service, with a focus on working with older adults.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written, with the ability to explain technical concepts in a clear and accessible manner.
- Empathy and patience, especially when working with individuals who may be less familiar with technology.
- Familiarity with iPads, Chromebooks, and web-based platforms.
- Ability to adapt to the unique needs and challenges of an older adult demographic.
- Bilingual English / Spanish (nice to have)
In the spirit of pay transparency, we are sharing the compensation for this position is $18 an hour.