OpenSesame’s mission is to help develop the world’s most productive and admired workforces. We do this by delivering a comprehensive catalog of eLearning courses from the world’s top publishers. We add value to customers through their entire learning journey.
While it appears to most people that we just sell training courses (over 20,000 of them), what we really offer is the opportunity for companies to upgrade the skills of each of their employees.
We are at a pivotal time in our growth as we diversify the ways we drive revenue. We’ve expanded our product offering dramatically, and have a growing network of partners that is developing into a vibrant channel. Our customer base has high satisfaction ratings and there is room to grow our retention even more.
The Web Marketing Manager is responsible for every aspect of the OpenSesame website. It’s the “front door” to the business and needs to represent our brand promise as well as give visitors a seamless experience. We know buyers stay anonymous for at least ⅔ of the way through their journey before identifying themselves; OpenSesame’s website is the primary way they interact with us.
This position requires a combination of technical skills, marketing acumen, and stellar project management. This role will be tasked with leading the implementation of best practices across our customer-facing web properties. This role will require deep functional knowledge in front-end development, UX, and SEO to craft an encompassing site strategy and serve as our team’s in-house expert for all things web marketing. The ideal candidate will be able to synthesize these disciplines into a vision for how we develop our site and leverage it to meet marketing and sales goals.
- Manage opensesame.com WordPress code framework and site content to improve user experience and engagement metrics.
- Generating consistent performance reports that demonstrate progress towards specific goals and the results of testing/optimization.
- Must have experience with Google Analytics and Google Tag Manager through GA4 and be able to lead the implementation, management, and customization of these platforms.
- Robust experience in optimizing websites, design elements, and pages to adhere to Google core web vitals and accessibility compliance standards.
- Understand the buyer journey and best practices for engaging visitors
- Ensure that OpenSesame can be found – otherwise known as search engine optimization (SEO). This role will be the overall leader in ensuring our content ranks highly and is relevant
- Able to research, create, and maintain an SEO strategy featuring keyword research, folder structure, crawlability, and backlink analysis
- Familiarity with MarTech operations and role a website plays in the sales funnel, including conversion point optimization, SalesForce integration, and data capture
- Act as a cross-functional partner and SME to stakeholder teams across the organization such as marketing, sales, customer success, and product
- Overseeing day-to-day enhancements, optimizations and measurements that improve user experience and conversion rates
- Plan and execute A/B testing on the website to identify efficiencies and opportunities in how we engage our users and maximize conversions
- Utilize web analytics tools to collect user data for analysis while providing strategic insights and recommendations based on those findings
- Support marketing operations and other teams as needed through the creation of landing pages, original design elements, and navigation
- Determine a regular reporting structure for web performance metrics and manage their ongoing collection and delivery
Performance Based Objectives
You will step into an active environment with projects both in-flight and awaiting your leadership and expertise. Over the first 30-60-90 days you will be expected to deliver on key objectives related to your functional area and the organization’s priority initiatives.
- In your first 30 days, you will complete OpenSesame marketing onboarding, learn how OpenSesame goes to market, and understand the OpenSesame product. You will familiarize yourself with the current state of OpenSesame web properties and become the primary point of contact for their management and active projects. During this time you will be expected to develop a top-level understanding of the state of our website and SEO.
- In your first 60 days, you will have developed a business plan with top-level initiatives for our site strategy in 2024. You will take a lead role in the redesign of our current website, integrate our site into our lead generation ops, and partner with creative services to redefine our site content and resources. You will develop a formal strategy for the process of aligning our web properties with best practices.
- Within your first 90 days, you will begin implementing SEO best practices, developing net new assets on the site, and facilitating the migration and optimization of existing collateral. You will be tasked with creating and documenting a long-term strategy for traffic growth with a thorough line to broader marketing campaigns and objectives. You will also be training internally to become OpenSesame Qualified.
Location: This position can be based anywhere in the US. We operate as a remote-first company and invest in all-company meetings several times a year.