Rewiring America is the leading electrification nonprofit, focused on electrifying our homes, businesses, and communities. We develop accessible, actionable data and tools, and build coalitions and partnerships to make going electric easier for households and communities. Rewiring America helps Americans save money, tackle nationwide emissions goals, improve health, and build the next generation of the clean energy workforce. We believe in an abundant, flourishing, climate-safe future, and know that, together, we can realize one.
Rewiring America is growing rapidly. And growing our creative and communications offerings to help educate and inspire people on their electrification journeys is a key priority for us this year. We need to render the complexities of electrification (in our homes, businesses, and across the country) not only digestible but deeply compelling to everyday Americans.
We are seeking a writerly all-rounder to help build so many amazing things — from newsletters to site copy to social gfx to voice overs for short films about talking heat pumps. You will never be bored. The things you create will help us build the movement to electrify, your work will very much charge people up. You will not only write, but ideate and strategize across the organization, help our team tell their own stories, whether that’s a policy, community, or market transformation tale.
This role will report to the Director of Content Studio.
What You’ll do
Complete a variety of program management activities, including but not limited to:
- Translating the organization’s values, vision, and mission into best-in-class communications that amplify our voice and deepen user engagement.
- Writing solid, well-researched briefs, articles, newsletters, and reports: you don’t need to be an electrification expert, you just need to know how to resource great information from our team and turn it into a great copy.
- Conceptualizing and crafting pitch decks, reports, fact sheets, and articles.
- Conceptualizing and crafting headlines, marketing messages, brand tone of voice, social and digital campaigns, articles, emails, website content, landing pages, and video scripts.
- Rendering complex ideas in accessible language.
- Editing and punching up copies of all kinds as necessary, from quick lists to long-form articles and reports, working with our team to turn their research and writing into electrifying content.
- Acting as a creative writing resource for our entire team.
- Maintaining a consistent brand voice and aesthetic across all channels and publications.
- Pronouncing GIF with a hard G.
Who You Are
You will have most of the following education, experience, knowledge, skills, and ability. We encourage you to apply even if you don’t fit every criteria.:
- Strong commitment to the mission, policies, and goals of Rewiring America.
- 5+ years of experience.
- Ability to write for multiple audiences across all platforms.
- Ability to find creative solutions and novel ways of conveying information.
- A strong portfolio of diverse work.
- Ability to communicate and present your ideas in clear, compelling fashion
- Experience in a fast-paced, scaling organization or company.
- Outstanding project management abilities to ensure that Rewiring America works in a highly collaborative, cross-functional, and synergistic manner.
- Ability to collaborate with a small and growing team with competing demands; able to execute on a high volume of activity and projects, with speed, excellence and humor.
- Attention to detail.
The salary range for this position is $75,000 – $100,000 USD, commensurate with experience. Comprehensive benefits package that includes 100% employer-paid health, dental, and vision insurance for employees (and their families). Employees are able to enroll in 401k retirement plan and are eligible for a 3% automatic contribution and up to a 3% employer match on 401k contributions. Employees are also eligible for pre-tax transportation benefits. Employees will receive 160 hours of vacation time, 80 hours of health leave, up to 2 days of casual leave, and 20 hours of volunteer leave annually. Employees will also receive 13 paid holidays throughout the calendar year (15 days during Presidential and Congressional elections). We have an office closure between Christmas and New Year. Employees are eligible for 12 weeks of paid family and medical leave after 90 days of employment. Regular, full-time employees and part-time employees are eligible to take up to sixteen weeks of parental leave, in all cases related to birth, adoption, or foster care starting from the first day of employment. We offer access to professional development resources.